NEVER go to this doc in VA

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by WendyStoopy, Sep 19, 2006.

1. WendyStoopy

WendyStoopy New Member

I won't even go into details since I will just get worked up again. But don't ever go to Dr. Stahl (rheum) in Burke, Va. He is horrible, had me crying by the time I got to the parking lot. Big hysterical sobbing. Was rude, completely in the dark ages about FM, nasty, blamed me for my FM, went so far as to tell me that my pain and symptoms are "not his problem".
    He will make you feel worse! All this after the less than 10 minutes he spent with me. Also VERY rough with exam of 18 tender pts, then told me I needed to "learn to not experience touch as pain".
    agghhhhh!
    ok, I am starting to feel a little better :)
    Wendy
  2. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

Your doctor sounds like an endometriosis doctor I saw a few years back. I fired him that day. I told him off, then walked out of his office. So sorry for your upsetting experience. It's hard enough being sick without having to deal with someone like him.

You might want to post another message to see if someone here knows of a good rheumatologist in your area. After years of searching, I finally found a good doctor. I would recommend him to you, except that I live in Michigan.

Good luck.

Ellen
  3. diannev

diannev New Member

Hi Wendy,

My daughter lives in northern VA and she's always telling me to go to a doctor there in her area because she's so sure they're all better there than where I live, in a small town in northern PA. Obviously, this doctor is a jerk and I think you should report him to the state medical board or whoever it is you report bad doctors to. Anybody with any brains at all, especially a rheumatologist, should be well aware of the legitimacy of FM. Don't let it stress you out because that just makes the pain worse. That doctor shouldn't even be allowed to call himself a doctor and there are millions of people like us who know he's WRONG!

Dianne
  4. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Wendy:

I would not put up with that nonsense either. It is good that you red-flagged the doctor here so anyone else can be warned.

I am sorry you went through all of that. I used to have a doc like that, but changed immediately once he showed his 'true colors'.

nyrofan
  5. jessica0123

jessica0123 New Member

I 4 weeks ago woke up with my hands and wrist numb from carpul tunel and fibro swelling, so I went the Dr. and he ried to run some test on my wrist and I cried because it fely=t like electricity and I was already aggitated when I got there from all my fibro pain. HE SHOULD HAVE KNOWN not to do that test that dat I asked if it hurts and he said no and the first jolt about sent me off. I left there crying and cried all the way home, started Cymbolta and ladies I finally got out of bed yesterday and felt 1/2 descent. This is such a hard DX to deal with because we dont look sick and nobody really believes until they have it or etc. My meds are kicking in finally but that Dr I feel like he thought I was dramatic or over reacted...thanks for listening
    Jessica in Richmond VA
  6. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

and say oh you felt that i'm sorry maybe you should go to chronic pain clinic and learn to deal with it..

i had one tell me last year...i thought you going to go back to work...i said i did..then i got shingles..etc...she said if you aren't you may as well go get a gone on my way home and go shoot myself...i was in awe...and left crying...

my psychologist told me she needed to be reported...he works for the same hmo...well i made the mistake of telling her that i had filed for ssdi...

up hers i won on the initial claim...

sorry for the jerk...

find another one...

jodie