Never posted here....feel lost

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by craziC, Jul 29, 2004.

1. craziC

craziC New Member

Hey everyone,
    I usually am at the FM/CFS board but decided to wander over here. I have been feeling quite lost lately. I was recently diagnosed with FM, the end of May.

I found a wonderful doc and am just starting out with the whole medication thing. I haven't found anything to really help with the pain. I currently take Vicodin but it barely takes the edge off, and only lasts maybe 4 hours. I'm only allowed to take 2 a day.

My hubby is out of work right now and in college. We will celebrate our 1 year anniversary in Sept. So right now, we are barely surviving financially. He receives unemployment benefits, but it's not enough. Money is a BIG stressor in my life right now.

The only support I have is from him and his family. I don't have contact with my family right now. Someday I'll go into that story, but I'm not ready to just yet.

I've been through a lot of hardship in my life and I'm discouraged. I keep wondering if things will ever be alright for me. I can't remember a time in my life when I wasn't dealing with something extremely emotionally stressing.

I'm just asking for prayer - I haven't asked for that in a long time. Thank you for reading this long post - I wasn't expecting to write SO much. I hope to get to know you all as this seems like an uplifting place to be.

luv,
    crazi

Edited to add: my hubby has been sick for about 2 months. Just found out today - he has mono

[This Message was Edited on 07/29/2004]
  2. jill5050

jill5050 New Member

Hi,
    I understand. I am there right now with ya sister! I have a job that I love, and my husband keeps pressuring my to get a new one! I make OK money, but don't work year-round. I work about 10 months full-time and 6 weeks 5 hr. days. It will just have to do because I am praying that I can keep working. I tell my husband- I'm scared that I won't be able to work, but he misses the point. I know he is just worried.

Anyway....back to YOU! What I have been doing is giving my problems up to Jesus. I pray and tell Him that I'm sending it up and it's for Him to work with. Of course we are too human to completely hand everything over, so I end up hanging on to it a little bit. I just keep sending it up over and over again. It's getting easier to let go. I guess it takes practice- it CAN be done. I find a real peace by doing it.

We aren't really in control of everything like we like to think- God really is so just stop the charade and let Him have it all! He WANTS us to lean on Him. And leaning is what I have been doing!

He is here for us- just waiting to be asked for help. He loves us and prays for us.

Love,
    Carlie
  3. craziC

craziC New Member

Thank you everyone for your kind words! You all are a wonderful support system for me. I appreciate all of you.

luv,
    crazi
  4. socialworkgeny

socialworkgeny New Member

i just came here after seeing a post on the cfs/fm board about it being prayer night. i almost fell out of my chair when i saw that. i am so excited to be amongst u all. u have definitely lifted my spirits more than u will ever know. its hard being so young and dealing w/so much esp. when it feels like no one really truly understands what i am going through. but u guys can 100% sympathize even though everyone's experiences are different. i thank God for each of u!
  5. NewEnglander

NewEnglander New Member

Sorry you are going through so much
    I'll pray for you
    God Bless
    lisa
  6. Noz

Noz New Member

Hello there, sorry to hear you have no contact with your family, hope we can help fill that void just a little bit, I dont post here very often, I'm just a 'learner',but I come to read when I am down & every time I leave I feel better - hope it works for you too.
    Noz
  7. grge

grge New Member

Welcome
    I am praying that God will solve your financial problems and heal the break with your family.

Remember that God has a plan for each of us that He will reveal in His time and in His way.

Sometimes it can get awfully frustrating but He never fails us.

I am no stranger to waiting impatiently, and God must have a wonderful sense of humor in order to put up with my step on its', speed it ups, & the I know your time is not my time but Lord could you just get it in high gear.

I don't pray for patience because He presents too many
    opportunities for learning patience.

But best of all I know that God loves me with all my faults, weaknesses and at times my stupidity.

He loves you too and your help is on its' way.

grge

[This Message was Edited on 07/30/2004]
  8. dash

dash New Member

Welcome to the worship board. I have been married for 26 yrs. and have four children. Three times we were totally wiped out financially and up until three years ago we were barely treading water. Our plans for life were often turned upside down and inside out.

My husband did not want me to work outside the home and my health was poor. For many years, I homeschooled the children. (I have two more years of this with my youngest son.) I was good at making the money we had stretch beyond belief.

My husband was a carpenter/craftsman. He built beautiful stairs and rails and installed manufactured ones as well. Five summers ago, he contracted pneumonia. His body never totally recovered. He could no longer push himself to make the kind of money we needed. For 15 years we had had no insurance and no savings.

God surprised us again! He called my husband to quit doing carpentry and study at home to go into the computer field.
    We were without an income, other than payment for a few jobs that he had not received.

Six months later with a few certifications under his belt, he began a temporary job paying only 12/hr. He continued studying and by the beginning of the next year was working full time at a good salary, with excellent benefits.

My point in all this? I want to assure you that during 26 years, we have never been without food, shelter, or clothes. God has been faithful to provide for our needs and many times blessed us with the desires of our heart.

Jesus once told this story:
    Luke 6:47-49
    47 "Everyone who comes to Me, and hears My words, and acts upon them, I will show you whom he is like:
    48 he is like a man building a house, who dug deep and laid a foundation upon the rock; and when a flood rose, the torrent burst against that house and could not shake it, because it had been well built.
    49 "But the one who has heard, and has not acted {accordingly,} is like a man who built a house upon the ground without any foundation; and the torrent burst against it and immediately it collapsed, and the ruin of that house was great."
    (NAS)

If you put your faith and hope in Jesus Christ and build your life upon that spiritual foundation, you will be like the man who laid his foundation upon the rock. You will stand in the storms of life, and you will not be shaken.

I will be praying for your needs.

God bless,
    Della

9. craziC

craziC New Member

Your kind, encouraging responses have overwhelmed my heart. I'm so glad I decided to wander over here and ask for prayer - which I so desperately need.

I will remember all of you in my prayers as well.

Thanks again for your understanding and your support. I don't feel as lost anymore after reading all of your posts.

Financially my hubby and I are strapped. But like one post said - we are never without food, shelter, clothing - what we need. Somehow each month we always have enough money to pay what we need to.

Luv, blessings and hugs to all,
    crazi