Never sweat,,,, anyone else?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by razorqueen, Jun 22, 2005.

1. razorqueen

razorqueen Member

I never sweat. if it is hot enough I will get sticky, or will get wet under my boobs, but I have never had sweat trickling down my face like my hubby does. I wonder if this is a bad thing? Much harder to get the toxins out if you don't sweat, I'm thinking
  2. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

in fact I've had very little need for deodorants throughout my life. Dont approve of them and never have so I guess I've been lucky. But, maybe not.

Whether or not this is a bad thing I dont know, but would also be interested in finding out.

Rosie
  3. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

4. sunnywey

sunnywey New Member

Consider yourself lucky.
  5. Shanna68

Shanna68 New Member

I work a very physical and, sometimes, hot job. I never sweat...I get sticky and my face turns purple...but I never sweat. I wonder if this is bad, too.

Anyone have an opinion? How could one sweat more when need be? I actually get sick to my stomach I get so overheated.

[This Message was Edited on 06/22/2005]
  6. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

For the 1st 45 years of my life,I never sweat.I was like you.I udes babypowder for deoderant.Since then I sweat profusely,and I'm in California-no high humidity.I changed all my clothes 3 times yesterday because of it.Linda
  7. rt6176

rt6176 New Member

..that sweating is very important.

For years I could not exert myself. (CFS) I did not sweat at all and it bothered me. I keep feeling this urge to find a way to be able to sweat.

I recently purchased a portable Far-infrared sauna. Two 1 hour sessions a week. Gross sweat!! Its slimy and sticky at the same time. rinsing out the collection cloth, the water turns an ash grey color.

My Naturalpath doctor says I have to get this junk out of me before he can begin treating my other issues.(CFS) ect.

Just one person's opinion,

RJay
  8. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

totally wipe you out? I think thats a great idea but really dont think I could handle the heat.

Rosie
  9. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Geez, how can I put this delicately? I sweat like a pig!

There, knew I could find a way to say it in good taste :)

Love, Mikie
  10. jbennett2

jbennett2 New Member

I sweat, but not as much as I used to. When I was young, I was always sweating. Now it takes a lot of heat and exertion for me to sweat. And it always starts on my head/hair.
  11. razorqueen

razorqueen Member

are supposed to be very good for FM. It is totally different from the moist saunas with the rocks and pouring water on them. The temp doesn't get as hot, and it is a dryer heat. I believe sweating helps get those crappy toxins out. If I could afford one, I'd like to get a infra-red sauna too. I don't know if staying in for 1 hr would work for me, but I think you'd have to build up more slowly. I may be wrong.
    Razorqueen
  12. MeNow

MeNow New Member

I used to never sweat but since I have fibro I sweat like an old mare.
    Have your thyroid check if you feel that you are not normally sweating. I used to be hypothyroid (borderline) but now have to take hormone replacement for it.
  13. Fudge43

Fudge43 New Member

... I'm amazed to read about women that don't sweat .. I hate it and it isn't normal sweating .. even just out of the shower, trying to put make-up on and do my hair it simply over takes me .. like my head is under a tap .. I have a fan going in my bedroom ALL the time .. we even have AC and I still SWEAT .. I never turn the heat on in my bedroom and I'm Canadian .. we have WINTER !! .. is there anyone out there that has the same problem .. hypothyroid take syntrhoid .. and the fibro thing as well. Please tell me some one out there is like me too ~
  14. fivesue

fivesue New Member

Guess that says it all! My poor husband comes to bed, and just his body heat on his side of the bed makes me sweat! I have a small fan on my nightstand and turn it on even when it's cold! So tired of sweating.

Isn't life fun? Look at all the fun experiences we have...

To sweat of not to sweat...II'll take the first! )-: Sorry it's not that easy.

Sue
  15. razorqueen

razorqueen Member

my mom has FM and she sweats like you do. You are not alone girl!
  16. Mary100

Mary100 New Member

I am either hot or cold. I am almost never fine. I am usually hot. I drip down my face and it is miserable.
  17. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

I tested high for mercury and have been trying to detox for over a year. I read somewhere that we don't sweat because we have so many toxins.

Anyway, after using the sauna for a while, I have started to sweat big time!! The infrared is different; it is supposed to be a drier heat, it penetrates better and you can get a therapeutic effect with a lower temp. You are right Raz, you need to build up the time. I started with just 10 min.

There is alot about this in Sherry Rogers book Detoxify or Die. ( great title!!)

Kathy.

18. fibromaster

fibromaster New Member

I used to didn't sweat either. Now I know why. My metabolism
    wasn't working. Now that I take 3 grs armour thyroid I sweat and don't get that feeling of heat exhaustion.
  19. sheried

sheried New Member

Like a pig. Niagra Falls. Both at once and then some. And I'm not even going to try to be delicate about it. It's awful.

Hugs,
    Sherie
  20. Dee50

Dee50 New Member

I did not used to sweat a couple of years ago. I also did not drink much water back then. Dehydrated and working 12 hour days in a factory (very fast work) I'm sure its a big part of my EBV went acute on me. Live and learn :)
    Dee50