nevr want to offend my fellow "painpals" soo..

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by pacotaco, Oct 27, 2009.

1. pacotaco

pacotaco New Member

Hi my painpals. I have gotten a few posts regarding the name i choose to use for us all being - "painpals", i see that some people don't particularly care for it. I can say that I do apologize for any ill feelings that you seem to hear in the word,but let me explain this word for myself. I say Painpals because we all post {write} to one another,but by computer. People call themselves "penpals" when they write to one another on paper, so we all get together here n post to one another about the pain that we all share from the same illness [an more or less],and have become eachothers pals, and there for the word painpals seem to fit. I don't care to say Hi pals,hi buds hi guys,I like the word of my choice as it is kind of an endearment for one another,an that we all feel eachothers pain,mental n physical.It reaches all of the persons here on prohealth n it reaches out to everyone so no one is left out. we all care about eachother.So to the very very few that do not care for the word,i do apologize to you,but i have alot more people that do seem to identify with this endearment with a likable smile. [though i do not see it to be funny that we are stricken with FM/CF,etc] It is sad that we are in the category of being painpals,I wish that none of us had to suffer at all,but we do. I feel horrible for all of us.this would be a great site to be on still if we were all healthy,an i dont mean this word to be a joke or to insinuate that our illness is to be taken lightly.I don't find it funny the boat we are all in,it is a word that fits.I hope to keep you as my painpal even if or when you get well an do not have to suffer anylonger!! It is a prayer that we have for one another n ourselves.......thankyou
  2. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

Personally, I like the term.....I took it to mean exactly what you said it does. Anyway, just wanted to let you know that it did not offend me in the least.....even though for me other symptoms are worse, I do definitely have a lot of pain, too
  3. lvjesus

lvjesus Member

I LOVE a pun, so I thought it was VERY clever!
  4. gapsych

gapsych New Member

I have no problem with it.

gap
  5. pacotaco

pacotaco New Member

I am happy that you do understand the meaning of the word n in how it it used here by me!!!!! Your so correct in saying that your personal illness is more than the FM/CF,as is mine, it starts with the pain n then it just seems to grow into so maNny other problems!! Seems like we aquire other illnesses after we get diagnosed with fm!!! So hard to understand it all...so not right,an we are so out of control of our illnesses,just doesnt seem right does it....aghhhh!! what to do.... take care friend.....
  6. gb66

gb66 Well-Known Member

I like the term and can identify with it 100%. I was wondering today when you'd post again, and thinking about the term "pain pals" made me smile! GB66
  7. JLH

JLH New Member

I, too, do not take offense to it and it does not bother me. Call us whatever you want!!!!! lol

Maybe those who particularly do not care for it have a reason ... maybe they want to maintain a more positive outlook on their everyday well-being, and think that "pain pals" is more on the negative side.

Just a thought ...

You never know how someone else will interpret a statement.

I wouldn't worry about it.
  8. SwatWife525

SwatWife525 New Member

I liked it! Its exactly what we are and if we have to be in this situation, we can at least make the best of it. Sometimes I joke with my husband about something I do, such as having terrible balance and walking like a drunkard or being in worse shape than my granny when I can't get myself off the couch.

9. nah.stacey

nah.stacey Member

What are we if not pals in pain. I thought it was a great word, thought of using it myself a couple of times but it was termed by you and didn't want to copy, so yeah I think it works great.

Talk about laughing at yourself, well does anyone remember the song:
    The old gray mare she ain't what she used to be, ain't what she used to be.

Well my last name is gray (can I let that out?) anyway the song fit's perfectly because sometimes I wish someone would just shoot me like they do horses to put them out of their misery when they get too in pain to function anymore. After all it is the humane thing to do.
    Well there are days when my mom will call and ask me "What can I do for you", my reply is always "SHOOT ME" , just hire a hit man and put me out of my misery.

As yet to date I haven't found anyone who will take up the challenge.
    My loss, but keep laughing at things either that or we will cry.
    Nah.stacey
  10. sportsmom628

sportsmom628 New Member

It doesn't offend me one bit, I actually like the term pretty clever one.

Gina
  11. tgeewiz

tgeewiz Member

Paco-Taco,

I like the name - painpals.

I was thinking of a few other names that would apply. What do you think of...

Fellow Foes of Fatigue
    Mates of Malaise
    Tired Tim (that would be for me only!)
    Enemies of Exhaustion
    Weakened Warriors
    Burned-out buddies

But, I think "painpals" is at the top of the list!

Take care.

Tired Tim
  12. Debra49659

Debra49659 New Member

If someone "questioned" painpals, they may need to lighten up. Refer them to the lightbulb post...lol!

Deb
  13. FibroFay

FibroFay New Member

I've been wondering where you've been since I haven't seen you post recently.

I cannot imagine why anyone would have a problem with "painpals". It's cute and witty. Don't let people get to you. We have real issues to deal with. The term "painpals" is minor compared to the biggies.

Hope you're having a good day, my friend.

Fay