New addition..

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by karen_dean, Sep 8, 2005.

1. karen_dean

karen_dean New Member

and what a "Blessing"...we adopted a dog on Sunday..and I just need to share my wonderful news.

"Scuffy" is his name..even though he doesn't look that way, but I was told from the people @ the shelter when he was found abandoned that most of his fur was gone from "stress", but has now recuperated from all the horrible abuse he had gone through.

I just can't believe.. ((since Sunday)) what an amazing relationship we have, and especially with me, as I'm home all the time, and what we share with each other. He is so lovable and affectionate!! It breaks my heart how others can hurt such wonderful animals, but now brings much peace of mind knowing he has a good home!!

I was told many years ago I couldn't have anymore children...I guess they were "WRONG!!"..

I put his pic on my profile.

~~~Blessings~~~

Karen
  2. Fudge43

Fudge43 New Member

Hello ! .. I was happy to see some one close to home .. I'm in Kingston .. I just saw the new addition picture of your little one .. he looks sweet .. I too have found one of my little ones at the Human Society, here in Kingston .. We are cat people though, haha. I was diagnosed after some bad doctors couldn't GET IT .. it took a surgeon to recognize the fibro ( he was seeing me about my thyroid problem ) .. sent me to a rheumatologist (spelling ? ) .. I changed family doctors as well and I am very grateful for GOOD doctors now. You know how bad the situation is in Ontario for doctors as it is .. so I was VERY lucky to be able to change .. In any case .. I just wanted to drop a note to you .. congradulations on the little one !
  3. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

I have always been an animal lover and get so upset when I hear of animal abuse. I can't understand how someone could abuse an animal or people for that matter. Anyway, I am glad that your dog's story has a happy ending and that you two are bonding!

We have three cats-two from the Humane Society and one was a stray we took in. Three cats are a lot to take care of, but they are definitely worth it! They are a great source of comfort and companionship for me.

Ellen
  4. justlooking

justlooking New Member

He looks like a very loving dog by the tilt of his head and the softness in his eyes.

I think you adopted a winner.

I hope the previous owners will be found and prosecuted for their abuse!!

5. elsa

elsa New Member

Pets are like that. They give unconditionally. Whenever I am feeling bad it's amazing how my dogs recognize it ... especially my yellow lab , she won't leave my side .... They actually make you feel better don't they?

Your dog is very lucky, but it sounds like you lucked out too. I happy you are getting such joy from him (her).

Elsa
  6. Kinsie

Kinsie New Member

I love Scruffy. I have a 3.5 mo old teacup chihuahua named Buttons. She's a handful, but I don't know what I ever did without her.

Bless you for adopting a full grown dog. My brother and sister-in-law never get a puppy, they always go to a shelter or get a dog thru a rescue organization ( they have a wonderful border collie now).

Kinsie
  7. cjcookie

cjcookie New Member

ago. I think he saved my life. He is also loveable and I think he thinks I'm his Mommy. I think this is the best thing someone in such pain could do. Congratulations!
  8. Empower

Empower New Member

He is ADORABLE!

So cute!

Good luck with him
  9. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

is a very handsome little man.

Both my dogs were from shelters and had long, carefree lives with us but have unfortunately passed away this past year.

I would have another dog in a minute but my husband is still hurting.

Lucky Scuffy to have found you and vice versa.

Rosie