New and Confused

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by joyousmom2, Aug 20, 2008.

1. joyousmom2

joyousmom2 New Member

For the past two years I have been fleeing from the diagnosis of Fibromyalgia. I've been to several neurologists and rheumetologists, a pain doctor and of course, my family doctor (countless times). I can't get my head around the fact that I have such intense pain but there is no tangible way to stop it.

I get sick almost once each month, and it's never for just a day. I was recently "downsized" but I'm sure a good part of me losing the job were my absences. Like I told my boss, I'm not looking for another job or out fishing - I'm sick! But if you don't have fibro, you can't possibly understand how a person can be sick so often.

I was reading through the message board and found relief to see others who's hypoglycemia is difficult to manage. I have been hit with it several times out of the blue and nearly flipped out trying to find food to stabilize my condition.

I'm currently interviewing for 2 jobs that I would love to have. Both would help me make the career move that I'm dying to make -- but I am scared to death. Mornings are horrible and often require pain medicine before I can stand for any period of time. As many of you posted, I also need a nap in the afternoon if I hope to keep any mental clarity.

I will continue to read the postings and try things that have worked for others. I didn't realize that fibro can worsen over time but mine has. It has crippled much of what I enjoy doing though I fight through so I can do fun things with my son. The only drawback is that I desperately wish I had a walker or cane about half way through our adventure.

I certainly know I'm no different than any other fibro sufferer. But I really want to scream in the middle of a crowded room - "I'M SICK, NOW MAKE IT GO AWAY!!!"

Whoever started this website - Thank you. It's very important not to be alone in this illness.
  2. sweetbeatlvr

sweetbeatlvr New Member

and welcome to the board. sorry you are suffering with this terrible illness too.

this website has been a Godsend for me, and will probably be a great support system for you too.

glad you found us.=)
  3. DeborahLynn

DeborahLynn Member

Welcome! I have found this board to be invaluable; very, very helpful.

Back in '05, I had to quit my job due to FMS and ME/CFS, and thought I was bad as I could get. But I've continued to worsen.

The GOOD NEWS is this: not everybody's the same, and there's hope for us all!!! I pray your health will turn around for the better, and that you can find that dream job, and be able to be with your family!

Love and prayers,