New (AND IMPROVED) Game

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Mikie, Jun 21, 2014.

1. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Well, actually not a game but a list of our favorite things. Oprah had her Favorite Things shows. They usually featured small life comfort things. Our favorite things need not be things at all. A beautiful sunset or sunrise, thunderstorms, the beach, kittens, puppies, kids, etc. What makes us smile? I figure just reading about what makes us smile will bring a smile to our faces and that is a good thing, as Martha said. Please let us know your favorite things. I'll start:

Love, Mikie

I love my soft, warm bed to snuggle in. I love my neighbors' cats and dogs. I love our Balcony where we have coffee and drinks and socialize with friends. Finally, for now anyway, I love the wonderful breezes which blow the palm trees and cool us off.
  2. Soul*

Soul* Active Member

Nice game Mikie! I love butterflies that land on my shoulder to play hide and seek :D
    [​IMG]
    This also reminds me of rhyme of some sort that I heard a while back which imidiately brought a string of words to my mind. It was this:

Bear jars are full of honey. Mrs. Butterworth is full of syrup. If you were a jar, what would you be filled with?

It immidiately brought these words to my mind without really thinking:
    Sparkles and glitters and confetti and rainbows and sunrays that tickle in your face, oooh and butterflies and the smell of freshly baked bread... YAY And to top it all some relaxing peace and calm and quiet and silver lining and sweet dreams. Shake before use :p
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Wow, Soul, beautiful pic and post. That is sooooo thought provoking. Now, we actually can morph into a new game which is even better--what would I want inside my jar?

Of course, I want love, peace, empathy and forgiveness. But glitter and rainbows are a definite yes. I would love to have my jar glow with an inner light in the most beautiful colors. The light should be a healing light which leaves people feeling better when they look at it. That would be my wish.

Thanks so much for this.

Love, Mikie
    Soul* likes this.
  4. Windytalker

Windytalker Member

My favorite things are...a baby's giggle, the smell in the air after a good rainfall, the quiet that comes after a good snowfall, the awakening and sequence of blossoms in the spring, the sound of a motorboat skimming across the top of a lake, water lapping along a shoreline, watching waving wheat, the feeling of my bed (it's like being hugged).

Unfortunately, none of these will fit in a jar...LOL. I know there's more, but I'm running out of steam this AM.
  5. rockgor

rockgor Active Member

Cream colored ponies
    And crisp apple strudels
    Door bells and sleigh bells
    And shnitzel with noddles.

Oh, wait. That was somebody else. Oscar Hammerstein actually; a poetic and prolific writer
    who looked rather like a large, brown bear.

Well, nowadays my favorite things are lying in bed and listening to music or reading
    or doing crosswords. And sometimes I remember more active times. I ever tell you
    guys our High School dances were the first rock and roll sock hops? What? Only
    about 50 times? Well, we old folks tend to repeat a lot. My bridge partner's sister
    called anybody who was repetitious "Mr Radish"?

And I'm agreeable to all the above posts too. Good topic, Mikie.

Rock
  6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Hi, Kids,

Thanks sooooo much for your lovely responses. I wish more would post. It's really inspirational to read about everyone's favorite things. When I read them, I'm thinking, "Oh, yeah, forgot about that one. It's good!

Thanks for playing. You will all receive your free gifts.

Love, Mikie
  7. rockgor

rockgor Active Member

Hot Dog! A free gift. I hope it's a coupon from Publix.

BTW, although "free gift" is redundant, advertising people say they know that.
    They report they get a bigger response than if they only use one of those words.

I thought of that because I saw a T shirt that said, "Department of Redundancy
    Department".

I always appreciate new ways of looking at things. Saw a sign outside a bowling
    alley. It read: Come in and enjoy hurling heavy spheres at stationary objects.

I'm so old I used to be a pin setter. That was before the days of automated pin setters.
    I think I got paid 15 cents a line. Wasn't much, but in the days when a candy bar cost
    a nickel and a stamp 3 cents and bottle of coke a dime and a new Chevy $2,000 and
    a house less than $10,00, a little went a loooong way.

So that's 2 more things I enjoy: a new perspective and getting a lot for my
    money. :cool:

Rock
  8. Soul*

Soul* Active Member

Starts to ponder how many lines for a chevy :p

Ahhh never mind, end of day my brain needs rest ;)
  9. rockgor

rockgor Active Member

Don't ponder that Chevy question too long, Soul. It'll drive you crazy.

Rock
  10. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Member

Hope to actually play this game soon. How funny we sing at our Ladies Club of Wed. - My Favorite Things , we lead and sing that song and talk about out favorite things with a speaker who talks about health physical and mental and how these favorite things can help you to feel healthier and happier.

Your favorite things are lovely. I some of mine evolves around music and possibly dance.and friends, family and my fellow songsters. I have so many and feel blessed even though I may fell less than healthy many days.

Bye for nw.

Love,
    Granni :)
  11. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Rock, by the time my ex and I were buying new Chevys, they cost $3,000 but they didn't come with the exciting option of blowing up.

Love, Mikie
  12. Soul*

Soul* Active Member

Only 13333 and 1/3 of a line, that's not that bad :p

I love singing too Granni. Untill I got homebound was in several choirs going closer to home untill even the closest was too much.
  13. joanierav

joanierav Member

at the moment i am enjoying my new mattress and most of all the adjustable box spring that i treated myself to at the same time. i tell you this is heaven. i no longer have to have bricks under the headboard (for the reflux). i can raise the headboard and even the footboard with the flick of the romote control.

im also enjoying the sand and waves now that summer is here, and can enjoy the beach again. much too windy and cold to enjoy in the winter.

i have much to be thankful for. when im reminded , that is.

joanie
  14. Windytalker

Windytalker Member

Rock...

I still have a 6 cent "air mail" stamp...originally purchased by me. Not part a stamp collection...

And, yes, I remember when bowling alleys weren't automatic (bet Jam does, too).

Windy
  15. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I remember them too. I knew all the pinsetters once I got old enough to bowl. They were boys I went to school with. It was a dangerous job.

Love, Mikie