New and need someone to "talk" to

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Pinky, Oct 4, 2002.

1. Pinky

Pinky New Member

Help!!!! My rheumatologist just put me on Zanaflex 2mg 1-2 at bedtime. I also take Ultram for pain Ambien and drink a cup of Sleepytime tea at night. Any major side effects to Zanaflex? Ever try Bextra? I am now on 20mg 1-2 times daily. I was diagnosed with Fibro almost 2 years ago- I am miserable and very depressed. I feel useless/hopeless! I need someone to talk to! Any suggestions will be appreciated. Can you get ZMA from a vitamin store?
    Debbie
  2. Pinky

Pinky New Member

Help!!!! My rheumatologist just put me on Zanaflex 2mg 1-2 at bedtime. I also take Ultram for pain Ambien and drink a cup of Sleepytime tea at night. Any major side effects to Zanaflex? Ever try Bextra? I am now on 20mg 1-2 times daily. I was diagnosed with Fibro almost 2 years ago- I am miserable and very depressed. I feel useless/hopeless! I need someone to talk to! Any suggestions will be appreciated. Can you get ZMA from a vitamin store?
    Debbie
  3. majic

majic New Member

welcome to the board. let me start off by saying that i was where you are at now. i read and researched untill i got over load. when some one said that i didn't need the drugs i was like a tiger ready to fight. now that i do know that the scripts was making me feel worse and not better. you can get zma at the gnc store or you can order it here. now that i can sleep. i can start on other things to get my self straighten out. don't give up. find out what works for you. hope this helps. majic
  4. queenbee69

queenbee69 New Member

Dear Pinky.....You have made a good choice by just coming here. I was diagnosed 6mths ago and thought my world had fallen apart. I still am depressed and have never felt like this in my life. I try and keep as upbeat as I can but its hard keeping a game face on all the time. You are not alone in this, though it will probably feel like it when your not talking here about it. When you really feel bad, come on here or go to the fibro chat room. Believe me, once you go there you will see that you are not alone. Actually when I go in there I feel so much better because most of the people there are worse off than I am. Hope you can start feeling alittle better soon......HUGS! queenbee69
  5. LisaMay

LisaMay New Member

Welcome! I have been on a wide selection of meds during the last 4 months including Zanaflex and Bextra. Neither one seemed helpful for me. My current regimen includes Ultram (Tramadol is the generic)for pain, Zoloft for my anxiety attacks and slight depression, Mobic as the anti-inflammatory, and Ambien to sleep. So far this keeps things under control to a point. I have my flare-up times and take Soma during that time. I will be seeing my 3rd Rheumatologist in January. I am also seeing my Neurologist again for my increased headaches (not sure what is causing them - but no fun).

I try to exercise (walking or yoga) 3x week. I take regular epsom salt baths as often as I need. I have my husband help with the household chores. I rely heavily on my friends for emotional support. Do whatever you have to. Take it slow one day at a time. What works for one may not work for another.

Look for forward to better days. Lisa
  6. fp3657@aol.com

fp3657@aol.com New Member

my meds are zyprex for sleeping.. which is great,,,, i have tried bextra-- but my legs blew up like balloons-- had to stop.. vicodine for pain... this hole illness sucks..i am miserable and very depressed..)paxil( for that useless/hopeless. just rather be dead
  7. debrastets

debrastets New Member

I am on so many kinds of meds and still trying to find ones that well help me better! wonted to say welcome to the board and i know some one here will have a answer for you!
  8. SleepyWillow25

SleepyWillow25 New Member

Hey there! Welcome to the board! If it is any help or peace of mind all of us have gone through or are still going through exactly what you are now. Of course no CFS or FM is the same but we do totally understand how it feels to have this unrelenting illness. We can relate to your physically and emtional pain that you are experiencing.

I can't help you out but I wanted to say welcome and I hope that by you messaging here you will feel that people do undertsand and care for you even if they don't have any answers. Knowing your not alone and sharing your personal experiences with other who completely understand I feel in itself is a part of therapy that we ALL need.

Welcome again and I hope to see more postings. Your welcome as anyone elese to e-mail me privately at mikenbelle@ihug.com.au.

I am 25 years old and married to a wonderful guy Michael who is from AZ USA. I have had CFS/FM for ovr 15 years now.

God Bless You

Belle

xxoo
  9. donmia

donmia New Member

to the board. I havent been around much as, my dad is in the hospital. But i would like to welcome you. You will get lots of advice and encourement her. I have connective tissue desease and fibro. I take zanaflex at bedtime too. I helps me a great deal. I also take bextra. I did take ultram but, it didnt help me at all. But , everyone is different. My rhuemy said if i was having a real bad day, i could take a zanaflex during the day. I did it once, and it sure did help.I hope i helped a little.Let us know how you are doing.
    Donna
  10. domesticgoddess

domesticgoddess New Member

Dx in 90 with Fibromyalgia.

My 'cocktail' consists of Bextra (rx the past few months), Flexeril and right now I'm alternating every other nite with Pamelor and Ambien.
    My PCP wants me to quit taking Pamelor as I have high blood pressure, angina, arteriosclerosis & tachyardia.

I used to take Vioxx and it made my ankles and feet swell.With the Bextra I dont have the swelling.

BUT, All of Us Fibro Sufferers react differently to prescription meds and/or supplements.

It's Just Good to Know You Have Some Place (immunesupport) who Understands You!

Gentleness

11. leann_sweeney

leann_sweeney New Member

But it is so nice to find a community of people suffering from the same problems. The hardest thing I ever did was ask my doc for something for depression. She was so understanding and it made a world of difference when she put me on Celexa. But as someone else said, you will have to search for what works for you. I can't take supplements. They all make my symptoms worse. What works for some is poison for others.

[ advertisement ]