New and Not Happy

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by catsup, Jul 5, 2006.

1. catsup

catsup New Member

Greetings. I'm taking a big guess that I'm suffering from Fibro. Really though, it isn't such a big guess. No one knows more about my body than me. I'm a personal trainer and it infuriates me to see what my clients have accomplished with their lives and bodies while I suffer while trying and trying. I have to get better because this is horrible! I feel Victim because, in empathy with myself, I have not had an easy life. (Who has, I wonder?) Thanks for being here and letting me post.
  2. blessedmom2four

blessedmom2four New Member

hopes for us all to get better ((((((((((hugs))))))))
  3. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

i used to be a weight trainer, swimsuit model....anywyas..try taking antidepressants and see your body go to waste quickly..
    jodie
  4. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

Catsup,
    I had to answer you because I had to quit weight training and step aerobics and low impact aerobics due to FMS and the pain it was causing me. That was in 1996, when I just couldn't do exercise anymore.

I know how frustrating it is to have a certain life and have to give it up because of an illness.

Since, I have gained a lot of weight due to the lack of exercise.

Glad to have you hear, but sorry about the reason.

Hugs,
    Faye
  5. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

yes you are capable of learning the in's and out's of mastering free-weight training...but our bodies can not function the same anymore...

then top it off i have had surgery on both shoulders....

i know what and how to eat and workout...but my body fails me now...it stinks...

arthritis etc....long old bio...

so i should try a gym again...i have been tyring to get my health back to feel like i have some energy...

jodie
  6. hanna4175

hanna4175 New Member

i so know where you are coming from!!!! for four years i suffered incredible pain!!!! my old family doctor kept saying "theres nothing wrong with you" i would walk out of there feeling more hopeless than ever.. yet he had me on oxycontin for three years!!!! i took myself off of that over 17 months ago.. i told my pdoc about my family doc and he referred me to a place downtown toronto.. i got in!! i was diagnosed last june with FM.. and he also did a bunch of blood work.. to my dismay.. one week later i had bad news coming at me left right and centre..my thyroid was WAYY out of wack..(had to take 2 pills now instead of one for the thyroid) my cholesterol was dangerous!! (he told me i was a walking heart attack!!) my blood pressure was through the roof!! and my hormones were out of wack!!!! i was so upset i cried!!!! my new doctor was then disgusted with my old doctor for not taking care of me the way he should have.. he told me i have had FM for quite awhile now!! i cried,,because FINALLY!! someone had a frickin answer for me as to why i was hurting soooo badly!! i am now on a number of medications but it keeps me up to par..so i know how you feel.. ive been there..im trying to hold my part time job cleaning.. which i love this job!! but my body doesnt want to adjust sometimes..but im gonna keep going till my legs turn to stone..im here if you ever need a friend to talk to.

hanna :eek:)