New And Worried

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by alourab, Nov 8, 2006.

1. alourab

alourab New Member

Hi, my name is cindy I live in Wisconsin. I have recently been diagnosed with fibromialgia, after seven years.

I have four children,divorsed, and without a job.
    I cannot return to my career due to lack of energy,sleep,and my all over pain.

No one understands when i tell them i could sleep for a week and still be tired.

Can this condition ever be under control, can i get my life back, what jobs are out there that understand?
    What to do in the mean time?
  2. butterfly83

butterfly83 New Member

Prickles - How much Calcium and Magnesium do you take? in mgs? I'm trying to supplement with those to get some benefit, but I'm not sure how much to take. I know that people with Fibro usually need more then the recommended amount on the bottles.
  3. suz45

suz45 New Member

Welcome Alourab:

Sorry we meet under these circumstances, sounds like your in a tough place right now. You may feel right now that the pain will never end or that there is no hope, but there is... First can you get some medical care... Some meds may ease the pain or help you sleep. Also many of us use supplements or vitamins to help our systems cope.

Also just having a place to turn to helps all of us. We are here to support each other, gather and share info with each other..Please read the other posts,it may help you are not alone with this.

Again welcome...

Suz45
  4. mindbender

mindbender New Member

It's usually a long road, but you can get there faster on this web site.

Prickles, now I understand better about that job you had. I must have misunderstood you the first time. That job doesn't sound that bad.

Dan
  5. tinktink

tinktink New Member

What has worked the best for me is to just read as many posts as I can so I am becoming more informed about FM and CFS and how it affects my life.

You get a lot of questions answerd by just reading other peoples posts because so many of us are affected in the same way.

I was diagnosed with FM a few months ago and realized after reading a lot of posts I have CFS also. My doctor agrees with me about that.

I have read that 40 percent of people with FM have Chronic Fatigue syndrome also. You may want to read more about that here if you are having such bad fatigue problems.

Good Luck and Best Wishes Diana
  6. kat2002

kat2002 New Member

Welcome to the board!

There is hope. We all have faced this situation at one time, but the solution is different for each individual.

I recommend learning all that you can about your disease, and find ways to cope with your particular symptoms. There is information available in the library here, and feel free to ask questions that specifically apply to you - there is bound to be someone here who can speak from personal experience.

Good luck,
    Kat
  7. IowaMorningGlory

IowaMorningGlory New Member

What part of Wisconsin are you from? I live in Northwest Iowa. Wondering if it snowing there, we are supposed to have snow here tomorrow and it was 70 here yesterday! Go figure.

I am so sorry for your situation. I can relate. I have two teenagers and a foster child and had to resign from my job. We are on state assistance right now, but with my diagnosis from the Rheumy I will be applying for disability. I am 45 with 6 years of college education in healthcare. I gave up alot....and so many days...I wish....and I cry...I want my old life back.

But I am starting a new life, thats how I cope. Each day is an adventure and if not for this message board I would be lost. Right now everyone on here are my best friends...why?...because they understand.

Please! use us as a sounding board, and an education tool..and most of all...a friend.

((Big soft hugs)) and Blessed Be,
    Laurie
  8. pw7575

pw7575 New Member

Hi Cindy! Welcome to the board. I am so sorry that you are going through this but you will find that people here understand what you are going through and will be here to support you.

There is SOOO much useful information here on this message board. Hopefully you will find something that works for you. If you just look through and read what people have posted I am sure you will find things to help you get some relief.

As for jobs I don't know. I am not sure what your background is. If you could maybe fill out your profile so we know more about you we may be able to help you better. Plus it is always nice to get to know each other.

I personally work from home updating the website for the people I work for. I know some people do e-bay selling or telemarketing type stuff as prickles was talking about.

Good Luck and I hope you get through this difficult time.

PS my dads side of the family all live in Wisconsin (Oconomowoc).

Take Care,
    Pam
  9. alourab

alourab New Member

my doctor has not perscribed these yet, i am on anatriptoline, she just perscribed a parkenson disease med im not at home so i dint have the name on hand and cymbalta. the only time i feel half way decent is in aquatic theropy.
  10. alourab

alourab New Member

no, no snow yet. i am in marinette wi boarding menominee mi, we are expected to get 1-3 starting around 3pm. the kids cant wait....
  11. alourab

alourab New Member

I hanestle cant remember the last time i could remember anything...Ha Ha HA
  12. IowaMorningGlory

IowaMorningGlory New Member

I was kinda hoping for the snow part of the storm and now it looks like we are mostly going to get the freezing rain part. Yuck!!!

I was supposed to have my first Trigger Point therapy today too. Now it is a no go. Driving in freezing rain for a half hour would probably defeat the purpose of going.

Bummer, oh well at least my Rhuematologist got back to me. I called him yesterday to see if I could start Mirapex and he called me a script today. I am lucky compared to some, I have a great GP and Rheumy.

You take care today and enjoy the snow,
    Blessed Be,
    Laurie