New and worried

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by timmissyh, Oct 11, 2002.

1. timmissyh

timmissyh New Member

Hi everyone and hope that everyone is well today! I am newly diagnosed with FM/CFS and was wondering if anyone else has the problem that just started with me, left leg and foot tingle and go numb! I have had the pain in my lower back , hip and part of my leg, but never this! It is happening today and I am worried to walk around. Does it go away? Get better? A one time thing? Or stuck with it forever, which I am guessing to be the correct answer.

I would appreciate any feed back. God bless and good health to all!

Missyh

2. timmissyh

timmissyh New Member

Hi everyone and hope that everyone is well today! I am newly diagnosed with FM/CFS and was wondering if anyone else has the problem that just started with me, left leg and foot tingle and go numb! I have had the pain in my lower back , hip and part of my leg, but never this! It is happening today and I am worried to walk around. Does it go away? Get better? A one time thing? Or stuck with it forever, which I am guessing to be the correct answer.

I would appreciate any feed back. God bless and good health to all!

Missyh

3. Kathryn

Kathryn New Member

Hi,
    It sounds like just one more delightful symptom that most of us share. In my case it is my hands and arms that go numb. It seldom lasts more that a couple hours, and does not affect me every day. This does not bother me nearly as much as the pain & loss of balance. Good luck to you.
    Kathryn
  4. kathyrere

kathyrere New Member

Some times mine last several days. but i have found that there is a trigger spot there, that makes it do that.
    i received a book from a friend on trigger spots and it is amazing. i don't know alot about the rules but does anyone know if i can list it here. Or Jo Ellen if you are reading will you tell me or list it. If you know which trigger spot leads there you can rub it and get relief.

God Bless you also
    Kathyre
  5. karen2002

karen2002 New Member

Happens to me....in feet, legs, hands, and arms....even in weird places like face, and across my ribs. Have attributed it to fibro. Occurs must frequently in bed, or in car while riding.
    Karen
  6. pam_d

pam_d New Member

...my biggest adversary in this disease is myself--because I become worried & anxious with every new symptom. Will it last long? Will it get worse? If that's what you are going through, I can relate! I have had tingling in my feet since the beginning of this... in fact, it was my first symptom, before I had pain, fatigue or any of the rest of it. And it does wax and wane. I, too, sometimes get it in my face, fingers, but mostly feet. Try not to worry (easier said than done, right?) but anxiety just makes it worse, and chances are, it may come & go... I have also found that I can get used to these weird feelings, and they just don't bother me as much. And then I have a day where I'll realize I'm not even feeling that particular symptom at all, or as much, anymore. Try to stay positive--very tough with this dx--but if you can manage not to let the anxiety over new, strange symptoms get the better of you, I swear that's half the battle! As I said, it's what I probably struggle with most, but I'm learning. Hope you feel better with this soon, as a fellow "tingler" I know what it feels like! Good luck...

Pam
  7. pepper

pepper New Member

After a time you will start to realize that all these weird symptoms appear out of nowhere but they also disappear sooner or later, depending on who knows what. You will get used to it. Just try not to worry and go with the flow. The more you worry and try to fight these things, the worse things seem.

Welcome to the board. I have learned a lot since joining here and I am sure you will too.
    (((HUGS)))Pepper