New antidepressant Brintellix

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia and ME & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome' started by DixieDe, Apr 22, 2014.

1. DixieDe

DixieDe Member

I have not posted here in a long time but read daily to learn information on this great site. I just posted this question but I think I put it on the wrong board. My Dr wants me to try Brintellix which is a new antidepressant. Has anyone used this and found it to be helpful?
    Thanks,
    Dixiede
  2. TigerLilea

TigerLilea Member

Why does your doctor want you taking an antidepressant? Is it for sleep, pain, depression? Are you depressed or does your doctor not believe in CFS or FM?
  3. jaminhealth

jaminhealth Well-Known Member

I struggled with anti depressants for 10 long years, you name it, I took them a lot....all along all that time it was a sluggish thyroid, once I finally got that addressed with Armour in 2002, the depression I dragged around with for 10 yrs LIFTED....then in 2006, a lowness was hitting me and I found how depleted Iwas of Vitamin D.....posted a LOT about this back during that time.

In my opinion, MD's throw these at people as they don't know what else to do...this happened to me for too long. I don't like those drugs....

I'm not on top of the world as I deal with chronic pain, but I'm not clinically depressed...thyroid is a major issue too many doctors don't know how to "FIX".....we need to do so much work ourselves. Once I worked an learned how to fix my thyroid that LONG depession lifted..... jam