New Arthritis Drug - ARTHROTEC

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by MemoryLane, May 21, 2003.

1. MemoryLane

MemoryLane Member

I know many on the board here have tried the various drugs made especially for Arthritis without much success or with intolerable reactions to them.

I have been told many of the arthritis drugs contain sulfa and this could be why so many people cannot tolerate them. If you have allergies to sulfa, ask your pharmacist first before taking anything in this class of drugs.

You may want to ask your doctor about Arthrotec. It's made by the same company as Bextra and is supposed to be extra safe for your stomach - and contains no sulfa. My mother takes it after having tried Vioxx, Celebrex and Bextra. We could not understand what the problem was and discovered it was sulfa to which she is very allergic. She has stomach damage and Inflammatory Bowel Disease and the Arthrotect has been great for her.

Wishing you well,
    Lane
  2. mum6

mum6 New Member

My Dr. gave me arthrotec on my first visit. I stil have really sore arms and shoulders but many other places, there were too many to mention are feeling better. I noticed a difference after one dose.
  3. healing

healing New Member

I have stomach sensitivity too and my rheumy put me on Enbrel for my arthritis. It is injected, so it completely bypasses the stomach. Never thought I could give myself injections, but I've had so much acupuncture that it has been a piece of cake. Jury still out, though, on whether the Enbrel is actually helping....