New article on Post-traumatic FMS treatment

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by klutzo, Dec 11, 2002.

1. klutzo

klutzo New Member

Any of you old-timers remember the wonderful John aka Father Troll? Unless my memory is totally screwed up, this new article on our front page is about the therapy he had, which returned him to normalcy after 6 yrs. of disability. The doctor's name is the same, Stuart Donaldson, of Calgary, Alberta, and the therapy sounds the same.
    Where can we get this done? I have tried and tried to find anyone who knows anything about this, and you'd think in an area like I live in that has 2 million people, there would be someone, but no dice. I have one of the most cutting-edge Neurologists in the world less than ten minutes from my house, but he has his pet theory, which did not work for me, and won't use anything else (he uses calcium channel blocking drugs to dilate blood vessels and get more blood to the tight muscles).
    Now that the NIH has done a study showing this can lead to remission of FMS symptoms, esp, in those who had head injury like I did, maybe more will learn how to do this therapy. I feel so frustrated, because my gut tells me this is the therapy for me....if only I could afford to go to Canada!
    Are any of you still in touch with Father Troll or know how to reach him? Has anyone heard of a therapist in the lower 48 who can do this SYNAPS therapy?
    Klutzo
  2. klutzo

klutzo New Member

Any of you old-timers remember the wonderful John aka Father Troll? Unless my memory is totally screwed up, this new article on our front page is about the therapy he had, which returned him to normalcy after 6 yrs. of disability. The doctor's name is the same, Stuart Donaldson, of Calgary, Alberta, and the therapy sounds the same.
    Where can we get this done? I have tried and tried to find anyone who knows anything about this, and you'd think in an area like I live in that has 2 million people, there would be someone, but no dice. I have one of the most cutting-edge Neurologists in the world less than ten minutes from my house, but he has his pet theory, which did not work for me, and won't use anything else (he uses calcium channel blocking drugs to dilate blood vessels and get more blood to the tight muscles).
    Now that the NIH has done a study showing this can lead to remission of FMS symptoms, esp, in those who had head injury like I did, maybe more will learn how to do this therapy. I feel so frustrated, because my gut tells me this is the therapy for me....if only I could afford to go to Canada!
    Are any of you still in touch with Father Troll or know how to reach him? Has anyone heard of a therapist in the lower 48 who can do this SYNAPS therapy?
    Klutzo