New artwork posted and update 9/9

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ckball, Sep 9, 2006.

1. ckball

ckball New Member

Hi everyone

Here is a stained glass peice I made using a depression plate for the center peice.

The colors of the glass do not show it's true colors since it was photograghed against the wall.

The glass around the plate is a very pretty pink streaky. The darker glass is a brillant purple.

This was my own design using scrap glass. I also made the frame.

I have been very busy this week. I put crown molding up, drove me crazy! I hate angles. Took me all day, cutting and recutting.

I got the second coat of poly on the wood floors.

I finally got to use my table saw I bought in March. I am recycling the knotty pine boards that came out of my mothers house to make baseboards with.

Last winter when my mother's house was empty and up for sale, a water line broke on the second floor. The room it leaked into was the knotty pine dining room. I always hated it because it dated the house.

So since insurance was taking care of it, I had it all removed and replaced it with drywall. The house sold in the first month after the repair work. It had been on the market for 7 months before the flood.

I saved all the solid wood planks and hauled them up to my house.

I have a planer and planed down the wood, it looks brand new, not 60 years old. I like the idea of recyling. I could not see throwiing all that wood away.

I leave in one week for my dental work. For some reason my teeth have been hurting all week. Very sensitive to cold.

I have been lurking on my down time but too tired to post.

I hope everyone has a great weekend. I hope you enjoy the new picture. Carla
    [This Message was Edited on 09/09/2006]
  2. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

This piece is really lovely.

Good luck on your dental work.

I am getting a cold/virus and have felt horrible. I read more than I post also.

Hugs,
    Faye
  3. ckball

ckball New Member

Thanks Sassy you never know what you can do until you try

Ilvcats- I hope you feel better soon

Thanks for looking-Carla
  4. Noahvale

Noahvale New Member

Carla,

I absolutley love it!! You have done a beautiful job!

God Bless,

Noahvale--Kathy
  5. ckball

ckball New Member

6. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

It's gorgeous...

Hugs,

Nancy
  7. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Looks sort of churchy to me. I always admire people who can do things w/ their hands.

Had a roommate in school who made Tiffany-style lamps one year. Pieces of glass and lead everywhere.
  8. Bren2135

Bren2135 New Member

...for crown moulding. (And that all I've got to say about THAT!!)

Your artistry is just Beautiful!!

I'll go peek at your website now. Thanks for sharing!

Hugs,
    Brenda
  9. ckball

ckball New Member

Thank you all for looking

My whole point in showing my pictures is to show everyone that anyone can do this
    I was in my mid forties before I did anything artsy.

I have remodeled and decorated my homes but never picked up a artist brush or a peice of stained glass until 5 or 6 years ago.

We all were born equal and each has their talent, it just has to be cultivated by trying. None of my first trys were great by any means.

But I kept trying until I was happy with the results.

NEVER GIVE UP, that is my motto. You would be surprised what you can do if you try.

Places like Micheals, Hobby Lobby, some colleges offer paint classes, they also do stained glass classes. What do you have to loose, a few bucks? What do you have to gain? To learn that you are a lot more capable than you thought you were.

So get out there and try something- Carla

Bren2135- I take it you have done a little crown molding work,lol?
  10. ckball

ckball New Member

11. ckball

ckball New Member