New at speaking up-lurking for a while!- sorry long

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Danett, Aug 21, 2003.

1. Danett

Danett New Member

Hi all! I have been reading this site for a few weeks now and have replied to a couple posts. Thought it would be behooved of me to properly introduce myself.

I have been diagnosed with FMS for about 2 years, although, I have had physical symptoms since I was 11. You know, the growing pains thing. Only thing was- I stopped growing when I was 11!

I have pretty much been in denial and "ignoring" the pain as much as possible. Eat, Sleep & Work has been my life for the past several years! I finally decided enough is enough- do something!

I would go to the Dr. and when he would ask me how I was doing I'd say the very polite "Fine". My husband suspected this and insisted on going with me to my appointment this spring. They ganged up on me! I received a lecture from my Dr. and a referral to a neuro "just in case" to rule out MS. Everything came back normal- clean and clear!

So, here I am- accepting it. It has been comforting and reassurring to read your posts and know that I AM NOT CRAZY! My husband tells me that if I think I might be crazy than I really AM NOT crazy. Crazy people don't think they're crazy. LOL

Thanks for all your words of wisdom. I will be here daily because I have had to cut back my hours and only work part time. It is driving me insane! I used to be a person who could go 3 different directions at one time, but not any more. After being awake (from fragmented sleep) I need a serious nap by 11:00 am!

Thanks for listening!
  2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Hi Danett, welcome to our world, glad you have decided to join us.

Lots of wonderful information here, and some terrific people too. Good combination for sure.

I have heard what your husband said before, in fact by a medical doctor and a few friends that are psychologist. Strange to say the least, but no doubt true.

Hope we hear from you often, and again welcome.

Shalom, Shirl

3. Pindooca

Pindooca New Member

You are absolutely not crazy. Glad to have you with us!
  4. EZBRUZR

EZBRUZR New Member

We have same sleep schedual!
    Denial is BIG,keep your guard up against it,stuff is easier like that.

I have too ,to remeber when DR asks "How are you?", it's NOT a rhetorical question.

peace,eZ
  5. baseballmom

baseballmom New Member

It sounds like you have a GREAT husband! How wonderful of him to go with you to talk to your doctor!

--baseballmom
  6. Dara

Dara New Member

Your description of yourself sounds just like me. I had to finally quit working in Nov. of 2001. I'm finding it's still hard to adjust to not working, even though there's no way I could do it anymore. I think it's great that your husband is so supportive of you. I also had a psychologist tell me once that I wasn't crazy, as the crazy people think their normal.

Dara
  7. Danett

Danett New Member

And those of you who said I must have a great husband, you couldn't be more right!

He is a treasure. He picks up the slack at home and at work (we own a bakery) when I'm flaring and doesn't complain one bit. In fact- he waits on me hand and foot! He's awesome!

Yes, he has 3 brothers but they are all taken!
  8. Iggy_RN

Iggy_RN New Member

I was just Dx'd about 4 months ago. I sometimes still get into the denial thinking myself... I use to be a workaholic and attend college fulltime, raise a family, etc... now Im lucky to just get the daily grind of life done along w/parttime work, and partime school.. so instead of 80-90 hours a week, I do about 21 hours at work and only 8 credits this semester. I think that is the hardest thing about this DD, we have to change our lives, and were not able to do as much... and God knows, that just the pain and insomnia, etc, has us on the edge of sometimes just making it day to day. well anyways, welcome and vent away!!!! Blessings, Iggy