New at this!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sassykat, Sep 26, 2005.

1. sassykat

sassykat New Member

I have just been diagnosed with fibromyalgia, so I am very new at this whole thing. I just thought I would take a few minutes to introduce myself. I'm a 51 year old married mother of three, and grandmother of three. Three years ago I was diagnosed with hypothyroid and hypertension. the pills helped for a while, but the chronic fatigue and sore joints sent my back to the doctor thinking that perhaps my pills needed ajusting. Nope! After a barrage of tests this is what she diagnosed. I'm hoping, being so green at this, to learn how to cope and to educate myself and my family on this disorder. Thanks for taking the time to listen, I'm sure that I'll get to know all of you better in time.
    Sassykat.
  2. Bailey-smom

Bailey-smom New Member

I'm still pretty new here - the people here have given me a ton of info so far!

Have a great week!

Kelly
  3. jbennett2

jbennett2 New Member

You and I are the same age. I have one living daughter (son died when he was 8 of brain cancer), a wonderful son-in-law who takes care of her because she has FM & Lyme, and best, a 4 year old grandson.

You will find tons of information and remember, no question is a stupid question. We were all new at one time.

Please fill in your profile so that we can learn more about you. You will se the Edit Profile at the top right hand corner. Just click on it.[This Message was Edited on 09/26/2005]
  4. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

I'm sorry that you have to be sick to join us but welcome!
    This is a wonderfully supportive group and you will learn a great deal. Just take it one step at a time.

Kathy
  5. Mareeok

Mareeok New Member

I'm new here too. RSD/CRPS is my first problem with FM pulling a close second. This is a wonderful site with a lot of encouragement and help.

One of my cats is named Sassy.

Maree
  6. Mareeok

Mareeok New Member

I'm new here too. RSD/CRPS is my first problem with FM pulling a close second. This is a wonderful site with a lot of encouragement and help.

One of my cats is named Sassy.

Maree
  7. dancingstar

dancingstar New Member

I'm new to the board but not new to feeling icky. This board is just filled with wonderful people bearing all kinds of useful information and the most amazing support.

It seems to me like you will find people here to help you with almost everything that you need to help you get a better grip on your health and to help you feel better.

Best of luck to you!
  8. rbecca47

rbecca47 New Member

i am also fairly new here but the support and information here is great, everyone hear is great. sorry you have this DD but happy to have you join us
    becca
  9. JudithMary

JudithMary New Member

Hi Sassykat - I too have only just joined and am delighted by the warm response. Took me a few years to be diagnosed with FM, at which time it was a relief to have a name for the awful symptoms.

Coping with FM is a matter of trial and error in what works for you - trying to have a positive outlook is vital - if difficult! but it does help. Most of all is being kind to yourself, and realising that you have limitations. Dealing with the pain is an ongoing battle - finding medication that helps is important. Eventually you may be able to put the pain into a box in your mind (my technique!)and to try to ignore it as much as possible. Sorry to say the pain does come roaring out sometimes!

Hope you get lots of support!
    (((hugs)))
    Judy