new at this

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by andysmom, Sep 7, 2006.

1. andysmom

andysmom New Member

Hello everyone, I am new to the mesgs boards, but have learned alot just by reading everyones mesgs. I have just been diagnosed with fibro last week. I am currently taking 100 mg of Zoloft for depression and Mobic as an anti-inlammatory. My dr does not want to keep my on pain meds. I am starting a new job on 9-11 and cannot take anything narcotic. I just want to know if anyone knows what is going to help with the pain. I have to take ambien at night to sleep, but during the day all I want to do is sleep. I have been taking 2-3 naps a day and I cannot do this when I start working. I am 37 yrs old and should not feel this tired all the time. Does anyone have any info for me that can help ?
  2. Bren2135

Bren2135 New Member

Hi there! I'm pretty new here myself, and everyone is so warm and helpful.

I took Zoloft, 50 mg/day, for a couple of years, to regulate my sleep pattern. I do remember that it initially made me very sleepy during the day also, until my body adjusted. It's possible that you need a little more time to get accustomed, and that might pass.

I've a friend who is on Ambien, and it has some lingering effect on her during the day. We all react in our personal way to medication, so hang in there till you find what works for you. Talk with your doctor too, and see if the dosage can be regulated.

Hugs,
    Brenda

3. springlakeorphan

springlakeorphan New Member

I feel new to this even though I was DX over a year ago. Some things may be do to the meds and the tired feeling should ease up soon. You will find lots of adjusting to go thru. Keep doctor informed even if you thimk its minor.Best of luck!!
  4. andysmom

andysmom New Member

Thanks for the advice. The tiredness I am experiencing is about to kill me. Like I said, I am 37 yrs old, female, and starting a new job on 9-11 as a police dispatcher and I am so worried how I am going to adapt to this. I wish I knew of something that is a good, long lasting energy booster.