New Bed! GREAT!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by fivesue, Aug 26, 2005.

1. fivesue

fivesue New Member

I have arthritis in my back, and the mattress we were sleeping on was just killing me. So, we reviewed mattresses and bought (on a 90 day trial) a SAM mattress. It is an air bed, but is self-adjusting so no electricity is needed (works on Boyle's Law if that means anything to anyone). It has dual side controls, so we each can set it for our feelings. In two nights, I have slept better than in a long time.

My back hurts when I stand up and feels better when I lay on the bed. Amazing.

Both my husband and I have some adjusting to do (dual side controls), but I think this will be great. I hope so. I'm so tired of hurting all the time that at least if I can sleep without hurting, what a break.

I wish you all a good night's sleep...and a pain-free day.

Hugs,
    Sue
  2. Bruin63

Bruin63 Member

I myself sleep on Feather Bedmattress'. Have 2 currently, lol.

Keep us posted on how you like it, as I think that is the one my DH was talking about.
    His Back is hurting him, from his work, and he dosen't sleep with me, because we both Toss and turn all night, plus he hit's, in his sleep. ;o)

I put one of my other Feather mattress's on the couch, folded over, and he really likes that, but I would like to get him to sleep in the other Bedroom, lol.
    Maybe a nice Mattress, would encourage him to try sleeping in a real bed again.

Thanks for the Info, and I hope you continue to find Relief sleeping on your New Mattress.
    Sharonk
  3. fivesue

fivesue New Member

I surely sympathise with you husband...it would be good to get him back in a bedroom as it would be better for him and his back, and probably less work for you making a couch up each day.

I'll let you know about the bed. Hopefullly it will be just the thing to help.

Sue
  4. fivesue

fivesue New Member

No, this isn't the one on TV. I found it on the internet while researching beds. I don't understand how it works, but it has chambers, slats, valves that adjust as you move your body. It lessens dramatically pressure points and thus people get better sleep. Hospitals use them to help people who get bedsores. Christopher Reeve's team bought one for him a few months before he died.

So, it doesn't need electricity and adjusts. I don't know how. It is explained, but I'm clueless on that stuff. It also has a wool topper which is wonderful. I put our mattress pad over it and the sheet, but you can feel the softness of the wool anyway.

We'll see how it goes. Need something to help me sleep. It was hard buying a new mattress when our "old" one was only 5 years old and a very good mattress. Sigh. That's the way the money goes.

So, hope your ship comes in 'cause it sounds like you guys have a tribe sleeping on your bed! (-:

Sue