New Brew For Anxiety

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by herblady, Nov 3, 2002.

1. herblady

herblady New Member

i just tried a couple of herbs in tea form i had been reading about for years but never tried. they are for calming. one is wild lettuce, which grows all over my yard all winter long. i was too lazy to pick it. and california poppy, which i've tried to grow but ir couldn't take the heat. before i thought skullcap was the best herbal relaxant. WRONG! this stuff, at least to me, is almost the equivilent of klonapin. i use one tablespoon of each per cup. it is bitter (that's the wild lettuce) so i load it up with stevia. it's a wonderful relaxant. but hard to find. a good herb shop should have them. but if not,i can tell you where to order them. i would recommenf this site but i know they don't sell it. email me at yucca_dew@yahoo.com and i'll tell you. cindi
  2. herblady

herblady New Member

i just tried a couple of herbs in tea form i had been reading about for years but never tried. they are for calming. one is wild lettuce, which grows all over my yard all winter long. i was too lazy to pick it. and california poppy, which i've tried to grow but ir couldn't take the heat. before i thought skullcap was the best herbal relaxant. WRONG! this stuff, at least to me, is almost the equivilent of klonapin. i use one tablespoon of each per cup. it is bitter (that's the wild lettuce) so i load it up with stevia. it's a wonderful relaxant. but hard to find. a good herb shop should have them. but if not,i can tell you where to order them. i would recommenf this site but i know they don't sell it. email me at yucca_dew@yahoo.com and i'll tell you. cindi
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I have been on Klonopin for sleep for a year and we have a man here who has been on it longer than I. Neither of us has built a tolerance, nor are we having any other problems. The Klonopin also helps my anxiety, sensory overload, and tinnitis.

I know that some say benzos can cause depression if used for a long time, but this doesn't seem to be the case with the two of us. In fact, we are both two of the most optimistic and proactive people on the board and we are both physically active and exercising. Are there any other problems with long-term use? I cannot imagine having to do without the Klonopin, not just for sleep, but for the sensory overload and anxiety.

BTW, because I am on the Guai treatment, I cannot take supplements made with botanicals.

Love, Mikie
  4. tedebear

tedebear New Member

Mikie,
    I looked up Klonopin on the web (webcrawler to be exact) as I was interested in asking the doctors about it. Too many controversies on the drug apparently so I may stick with the drugs I'm currently on. You may want to check out the web. Just type the word on the search engines.
    Soft hugs.
  5. Vamp

Vamp New Member

I have been on Klonopin for 13 years now at night. I have not found I built up a lot of tolerance for it. But I have "heard" about continued use and depression, etc. Can someone shed some light on this issue as I see my doc on Nov. 19 and am starting my list of questions, grips and such!

Vamp