New, but only had one response

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by wld285, Sep 14, 2006.

1. wld285

wld285 New Member

Hi everyone,
    I posted for the first time a couple of days ago, and unfortunately only had 1 response. Have been reading the postings for a couple of days.

i am 56, and have been ill since I was in my teens, a very difficult life of constantly pushing myself. Even though I am getting old, I still have many things I want to accomplish in my life. I have always had severe fatigue, which is my #1 issue, then comes insomnia, then swollen glands and alot of neck pain.

I started a the FCC in Philadelphia last month (the closest one, a 3 hr. drive), and will be going back next week. I am very excited because the dr. seemed to cover alot of things I have suspected for yrs. Have done alot of research, and I do know more than any of the drs. in my area.

I wanted to hear from anyone who had been to Philadelphia to see what experiences others have had.

I wish all of you much success in the road to recovery. Keep sharing and maybe someday we will have all the answers so we can al feel normal again.
  2. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Sorry I missed you on your first post.

Can't help you with the Philly FFC, since I live in Germany. Just wanted to take a moment to say hi.

Hugs,

Nancy B
  3. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Oh welcome to the board and so sorry you only got one response. Bump up your post by just typing in bump both spaces. The board moves so fast some days things get lost.

Anyway, also know you can jump into anyone elses posts too. There is one running called OT Anne Cromwell where we joke around a lot as well as be supporting, jump in there right now. This is absolutely the thing to do. Jump into each and alls posts that is the way this board works.

I am almost 60 but have a 12 year old with autism and have had this dd on and off for quite a few years. Currently I just started antibiotic therapy to see if it helps plus just got dxd with lurking Gueillne Barre from a flu shot last November/December.

There are a number of folk here from Philly area. We used to live not far away for a year and I have a niece who lives that way.

The neck pain is awful isn't it? I am now trying a home over the door traction now as after months of PT the neck plagues me still. Not as bad, but the constant pain and headaches from it drive me nuts. It is always horrid getting up each day to that pain, the first "greeter" the neck pain!!!

Well look forward to hearing a lot from you.

Love Anne Cromwell
  4. Noahvale

Noahvale New Member

Welcome to the Board WLD285! You will find that everyone here is so loveable and helpful. We all try to do the best we can to help out one another. I don't know what I would have done without finding this Web site. Everyone has been so helpful and understanding. I hope the more you use this message board you will feel the same way as well.

I have been Dx'd now with FM for about 1 month, but have it for about 8 years. This has been a very hard time for me and my family as well. I have lost my job and now I am trying to deal with what to do with this dx'd, and figure out my life. I am sure that you have gone through the same thing or perhaps are thinking it..if you have any suggestions for me please let me know. I am a crafty person but find myself so tired it is hard for me to do the things I love as well as everyday chores around the house. Of Course, my 2 teenage kids don't understand why I can't do their chores too, since I am a stay home Mom now. Like I said, it has been a very hard time for all of us. I have never been off work before, except to get a degree, and then at that time I worked at the college so I really don't call that being off work. I worked full-time and was a full-time college student as well. I think sometimes I just pushed myself to hard and thats why I ended up like this.

I have been in alot of pain latley and I have had to rely on my family for their support. When I tell them I hurt they seem to understend, its just getting them to do the things I used to do the right way that bothers me sometimes. I do appreciate anything they do, I just have a hard time seeing them do my work around the house well they tell me to sit and relax <<<<<this is a very hard thing for me to do.

I just want to welcome you again, and I am sorry I didn't see your post earlier. I try to reply as often as I can to what is of interest to me, and welcoming the new comers is something I realy like to do as I am a new comer myself.

God Bless you, and take care!

Noahvale--Kathy
  5. Redwillow

Redwillow New Member

Welcome from another new member.

hugs Marion
  6. dononagin

dononagin New Member

Kick your shoes off and make yourself at home.. good place for info and support.. Hugs! dona
  7. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

Welcome to the board. I haven't been on very much in the past few days but wanted to say hello. I'm in Canada and haven't been to an FFC but many have. Did you do a search for FFC or FFC Philly?

I wish you well on your journey.

Kathy
  8. hermitlady

hermitlady Member

I just joined yesterday. Just thought I'd say hello....I have FM/CFS/Major depression. Came here for support and any new ideas that might make me feel better.

What is FFC? I've seen it mentioned on other threads too.

xxxooo Hermit
  9. marsupialmama

marsupialmama New Member

and I;m still new here, but welcome aboard! I found everyone to be friendly andcaring but it is a busy board and not always easy to keep track of things.

I have been tired and fatigued most of life too, certainly since adolescence. Naturopath suspects fibro but my family doc only just got back after mat leave, and we can only discuss 2 issues per visit with her b/c she is so busy. I only just registered with her before she went on mat leave so I haven;t really given her a chance and she hasn;t heard all my issues yet!!

PS - Mods - is it possible to have "subsections" where it might be easier to keep track of specific topics??