New Chat Information

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia and ME & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome' started by gb66, Jul 1, 2013.

1. gb66

gb66 Active Member

Is this chat information that's now on the bottom of my screen a new feature. There are three boxes about new chat, general chat and how many people are chatting. Is there a way to illiminate these? I have to keep my screen in a large print mode and they take up a lot of room at the bottom when I'm reading. Thanks. GB66
  2. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

gb, This is the first time I've seen the chat information at the bottom of the screen also, so I think it is new.

I will forward your question to Admin to see if anyone can help you.
  3. jaminhealth

jaminhealth Well-Known Member

I've seen it before, it's annoying and don't know how to eliminate these boxes....
  4. tooks

tooks Member

You can sign out of chat and they will disappear. Click on "x people here", and at the top there is a little down arrow. Click on that and you can turn off chat. You can turn it back on later if you want by clicking on a tiny icon in the lower right corner of the page.
    paulac7 likes this.
  5. gb66

gb66 Active Member

Tooks, I've never been in chat on this forum and I don't know how to get there to turn it off. Can you direct me to the place wher the x and the down arrow are?
  6. tooks

tooks Member

I wrote "x" just to indicate the varying number of people here in the last box on the right hand bottom of the page. Now it sayd "3 people here" --just click on that box and the list of people here will pop up. At the top of the pop-up list is a down arrow. Click on that and you will see "turn off." Just click on turn off and the boxes will disappear.
  7. gb66

gb66 Active Member

It worked! Thanks so much. I don't know how it got turned on. I must have clicked it without knowing what it was.