New Church is big disappointment

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by Yesh, Dec 28, 2003.

1. Yesh

Yesh New Member

My son and i thought we had found a new church home. Before the worship service was over we decided we needed to leave and not come back.

My son destroyed all of his records and CDs because the beat of the music was hypnotic. During the worship service today the same type of music was being played but with a "christian theme." After a few minutes my son asked if I noticed what was happening, and then told me to watch the people dancing. The more the music was played, the crazier the dancer got. Some of the dancer would jump up swing themselves around the poles that support the ceiling and then run half crazed in a circle while making wierd noises.

needless to say we decided it was time to leave, but now we have to begin the search for another church. Please pray we find the right church quickly.

God Bless

Yesh
  2. Sunshyne1027

Sunshyne1027 New Member

Sounds very very weird to me. I can see why you left the church you were going to. I will pray you find one you feel more comfortable in.

3. BILLCAMO

BILLCAMO New Member

You have to make your own decisions.... if you didn't feel comfortable with the "new" church.... then I feel you both made the correct decision... The most beautifull church I've ever seen is the "Great Outdoors"..... To me.. it's something God has made w/o man's interference or interpretation.....

No one has to agree with me.... nothing man has made even comes close to what God has made....

Blessings !!!!! billcamo.
  4. PrayerWarrior316

PrayerWarrior316 New Member

I think that I would have made the same decision that you made, I would have also left that church.

I agree with BillCamo nothing man has made even comes close to what God has made.

Many Blessings to you, Judy

Dear Heavenly Father, I pray that you will watch over Yesh and her son and guide them in the right direction to find a church where they will feel comfortable attending.
    I pray that they will find a church where the true meaning of the Bible is taught in the right way.
    For it is in Jesus' name that I pray Amen and Amen.

5. genevie

genevie New Member

Finding a solid bible base church is hard. We have gone from one extreme to another looking for a church. Either to liberal or too legalistic. We want balance. Right now we are visiting a church but are not quit sure this is were the Lord wants us. For awhile there my family and I were not attending anywhere. My husband would give us bible studies and we would fellowship with as many christians that wanted to fellowship with us. I hope you find the right place for your family. God Bless