New class of drug for Osteoarthritis?

Discussion in 'General Health & Wellness' started by plssomerelief, Feb 1, 2011.

1. plssomerelief

plssomerelief New Member

A couple of months ago I heard about a new drug for osteo that had not yet been approved. It was on NBC nightly news and I checked tha site but couldn't get the name. It stopped the inflammation from even beginning and those in the test group reported much relief and no side effects. It had not yet been approved....Dr.'s expressed concern about people overusing their joints because there is a reason for the inflammation. Well, there's a reason for Erectile Dysfunction too but I haven't seen that stop anyone from trying to relieve it. The accompanying film showed older osteo sufferers being able to play tennis again etc. I want to learn about this new potential treatment...have severe osteo in hands, knees, hips, feet, etc....am always in pain and no medication as of yet has helped. Anyone have info?
  2. TwoCatDoctors

TwoCatDoctors New Member

I don't have osteoarthritis, but if you go to this article below and go towards the bottom, they discuss the drugs Arcoxia and Prexige, which are in blue type. That means if you click on them, you can get info on them. I don't know if either of these may be what you were looking for.

http://osteoarthritis.about.com/od/osteoarthritismedications/a/cyclooxygenase.htm