new comer to message board

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kac1960, Aug 23, 2005.

1. kac1960

kac1960 New Member

Hi, I am 44 yrs old and have fm arthritis , ibs , depression and anxiety. I am so glad to have found this site , I live in rural Iowa and not too many people around here , understand fm. I thank the lord I have a wonderful family doctor , and a very understanding partner. I have been reading the message board and have learned alot also dont feel as crazy as I used to since so many of you experience the same things I do.
    I was diagnosed in 04/04 and have just won my std and ltd benefits from my previous employer although they based their decision on my depression which means they only have to pay benefits for 2 yrs , their way of not paying long term , and I am now waiting for a ss judge to come to out area for a ss hearing have a very good lawyer representing me. This last year has been a struggle financially and health wise , I am having trouble coping with my disease and not being able to do all the things , I used to . Well thats enough for now wanted to say hi, and how glad Iam to have been brought here. thanks kac1960[This Message was Edited on 08/23/2005]
  2. rileyearl

rileyearl New Member

Welcome! We have the same resume/symptoms. We probably have some fun things in common too. I'm new here, also. What a great place to become educated. Good for you on getting your benefits. Wish I'd been strong enough to stay and wrestle with my employer, but I just quit. I'm holding out hope that I'll be able to keep working from home. Looking forward to your posts!

Francie
  3. heartinheaven

heartinheaven New Member

I am also new here Kac..about three weeks. But welcome, it is a great place to listen, learn, inform, vent, and give compassion to others who share your pains.

Again, welcome, and belssing to you

H Michael
  4. DVoit

DVoit New Member

This message board is so helpful. I hope I can be of help to you sometime. It is very difficult for me latley and I have needed the help. Heres to better days,
    Donna

5. lease79

lease79 New Member

~*WELCOME*~ to the board Kac :)
  6. ronter7

ronter7 New Member

just wanted to say hi and welcome you here to the board. tons of great info and people! i'm 29 and in s.d. i also have a best friend Hunter, but it's my 4 yr. old son! i know what you mean about being rural and having nobody understand. well take care of yourself!
    ronda
  7. BLUEROSE7

BLUEROSE7 New Member

Just wanted to say Hi and welcome to a great board with lots of caring, supportive and understanding people. When you feel like know one understands...We Do!!

I am sorry you are going through all this as well, but happy you found us. You will learn alot here!

Welcome Aboard!
    Hugs
    Bluerose
  8. Bronagh

Bronagh New Member

Hi Kac, hope you are doing ok.

You certainly came to the right place, i'm here just a few days myself i've learned so much since coming here.

Everyone is eager to help and will answer all your questions. Post as often as you like, someone will always reply to you.

Glad you are here.

Bronagh:)
  9. kjschlotte

kjschlotte New Member

Just wanted to say hi,

I am new to this, but after I read your posting I posted one of my own.

Thanks
    KJSCHLOTTE
  10. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Glad to have you join us, and hope we can be of some help to you.

A lot of us are isolated with these illnesses, I have FM for over twenty years and have never met anyone in real time that has FM/CFS! Strange, but very true.

Again, welcome and hope we hear from you often.

Shalom, Shirl
  11. Meekah

Meekah New Member

Welcome aboard!!!!

Glad you found us.

Hugs and Prayers
    Meekah
  12. smiffy79

smiffy79 New Member

to say hi and glad you found us :)
    ive been a member here for about 3yrs now and still come here daily as its invaluable.
    smiffy