New & Confused

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Tempee, Aug 13, 2003.

1. Tempee

Tempee New Member

Hello All, I've been reading this board for about 5 or 6 months now (since diagnosed) and all of your info. has been much more helpful than my doctors. He tells me something and says "look on the internet". So I'm wondering, I have weird new symptoms every other day it seems, aside from the constant pain. Do any of you have problems with chest pain? My doc says it is a symptom but I havn't seen it anywhere else. I told him I have also had pleurisy 5 times in the last 4 years and he seems to think thats no big deal either.
    P.S. Thanks to all on this board. Since reading a lot more lately I'm not driving my hubby as crazy anymore!
  2. Takesha

Takesha New Member

Thanks for posting...I need to clarify something that I might not have understood.."when you ask your doctor about a symptom, he tells you to look on the internet???" Of course if I am misunderstanding...please correct me. However, if that is what the doc tells you, I'd get another doctor.
    I don't have chest pains, but do have palpatations and racing heart everyonce in awhile. When you say chest pain do you mean like heart pain or muscle pain? I know that my chest muscles get tender along the breast bone. If I am not mistaking it is one of the 18 tenderpoints that people with FMS have.
    Sorry I am not more helpful, but I am sure someone will else will post with more info. God Bless you
    Takesha
  3. bitter-sweet

bitter-sweet New Member

I have chest pain also, but I was also worked up for cardiac disease to rule it out. That's a must!