New Coverage for Fibro Pts, PLEASE SIGN!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by TropicalGirl, Jul 16, 2009.

1. TropicalGirl

TropicalGirl New Member

Hi Everyone!

I just visited, and was surprised to learn that there is a petition out there where the government is thinking about adding a clause in medical insurance for patients with Fibro so that they can get massages, acupuncture, etc. covered under our regular medical insurance. I don't know about you, but that kind of relief comes out my own pocket right now.

Please go into this site and sign, the more signatures, the better. This would be great! Oh, and they would also include other medications for pain relief, outside of Lyrica for people like me that it does not work for.

Thank you everyone! Let's do this and make some good happen!

Tropical Girl*
  2. feefee920

feefee920 New Member

I just signed the petition. Thanks for letting me know it was out there! Massage and heat are the only things that help the knots throughout my back and under my shoulder blades! It would be wonderful if we, FM sufferers, finally were treated as needed! Thanks again for informing me of this!
  3. cathugs

cathugs New Member

I just went on the site and signed also.We need all the help we can get.

4. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

5. TropicalGirl

TropicalGirl New Member

Yeah! I am happy to see some of you responding to this post. It is very important for our future!

Thank you very much, let's keep it going!!!! :)

Lots of Love,

Tropical Girl*
  6. robin1667

robin1667 New Member

This is great news for those with regular Insurance!
    I get massages every week. And am on Illinois Medical Card. I found that i could get the massages paid for by them by getting a statement from my Dr saying that i need it for a medical condition and giving it to my case worker. I have a monthly spend down until Sept of $270 and it has helped alot!
    Hopes this helps someone also. I had no idea IPA would pay for it,as you know they don't tell you unless you ask.
  7. TropicalGirl

TropicalGirl New Member

Bumpy bump..... :)
  8. shari1677

shari1677 New Member

I would be MORE THAN HAPPY to sign the petition. If you see anything else, please forward it to our attention! THANK-YOU!!
  9. nink

nink New Member

I had my first appt with a physical therapist who is going to address whole body issues, not just one part (like my knees). She follows the regular PT regimen of needing a physician's order to evaluate and treat, establishing a treatment plan and having the referring doc sign off on it and order continued treatment as needed. That means her treatment will be covered by Medicare.

The big difference is that she understands and treats chronic pain, including fibro, on a long-term basis. I'm excited about the possibilities for me!

BTW, she told me that about a year ago, the American Physical Therapy Association (that may not be its correct name, but it's like the AMA for docs or the American Bar Association for attys), which is quite conservative, did publish recommendation that Vitamin level be tested, as lack can contribute to pain.