New D3 from my rheumy

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by nev, Jul 25, 2008.

1. nev

nev New Member

Thought my Rheumy visit was worth posting about.

My dr. had me on the 50,000 IU of Vit. D weekly for 3 months, then monthly until a week ago.

He told me how he's been waiting for this human form of D3 to come out, as it's been in the works for quite a while.

He explained how the regular Rx of D3 is a plant form and our bodies have to convert that into the usable form.

This new stuff is human form and works better and faster, he gave me a free sample of a 5-pack to use weekly just as I was doing w/ the Rx.

My dr. is giving samples out for a while, then will charge $5 for a 5-pack, which is quite comparable to pharmacy prices.

My Vit D level was a 9, which is horrid to say the least. That was back in Nov. 07.

If any of you want more info to give to your docs, let me know.

Who know? Maybe individuals can order this themselves.

Also I don't know how to put a website and follow the rules also. If you know how, tell me.

***(edited to correct weekly to monthly so it makes more sense and is accurate)***
    [This Message was Edited on 07/26/2008]
  2. nev

nev New Member

Thanks for the info. Yes those are available. This is 10,000 IU to take weekly or as directed.

What he was searching for was the human derived D3, rather than the regular plant-based D3 which our bodies have to process. Therefore it is the real thing, straight and to the point.

I'm not saying that the regular OTC that's been available will not do the job. It does. I personally want to take as few pills as possible, cheapest, and of course the best working.

Also, doc doesn't retest his patients D level unless there is a problem. He says to take it forever, if insurance lapses to buy the OTC stuff, just have to adjust the dose.

So Jamin your right, this is not some new Revelation, just added info on the source of the D3.

Thanks for your comment, always appreciated.

3. nev

nev New Member

Ummmmmmmmmm, you got me there, sure is a good question for my Rheumy. I may check out the makers website.

Busy day with kids, so we'll see if I get to it.

Thanks for the comment, I want to know as much as possible.

4. simonedb

simonedb Member

hey if you have info on this different source of d3 to give us i would be interested
    just write it "dotcom" instead of .com

or you could cut and paste all the info

i havent heard about that

jammin u crack me up, so is it sunshine in your d3 pills or what? :)
  5. nev

nev New Member

the companies website is

MaximumD3 dot com

I saw an area on the site stating that free samples would be sent to drs offices if requested on their letterhead in a certain manner. Cool, huh?

So I skimmed the site Jam and didn't find a definitive answer to the question of how exactly it is derived.

This is not an endorsement, just a heads up on what I learned at my Rheumy appt.

Anyway that's it for now, I'll keep looking though.

[This Message was Edited on 07/25/2008]
  6. nev

nev New Member

7. Rafiki

Rafiki New Member

You may want to have a conversation about this with your doc. There is nothing on the company's site to support his claims that this D3 is "human derived".

They do make claims about quality, consistency, the need for fewer pills and it not costing too much more than OTC Vit.D. I don't know how much more it does cost.

If your doc. believes it is better, for whatever reason, it is also a way for him/her to increase their revenue a little. So long as you are actually getting a product which is better for your health, you don't mind spending more and it is being explained accurately, that seems ok.

Peace out,
  8. nev

nev New Member

You each have great points.

The sun should be our main source of Vitamin D.

Besides being ill and not being able to take in the suns benefits, we have been taught that the sun is bad and will certainly give us cancer and die.

I do hope people are getting the message that the sun is vital to our health. In moderation of course.

I do plan on asking my doc about how the D3 is derived, because I couldn't find it on their website. Lots more info, but not what I was looking for. I will see my Rheumy in late August.

When I found my D3 level was a 9, the Rx'ed 50,000 IU per week was vital to get the level back up to normal.

9. nev

nev New Member

bumpity bump