New Diagnosis and pain question

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by olallie, Oct 19, 2005.

1. olallie

olallie New Member

Hey all, thanks for being here. I was just recently diagnosed with a preliminary diagnosis of FM, and was wanting to ask someone who has it if this pain I'm having sounds characteristic. First off, a lot of it is in my feet and hands. It is also in the tender points, really bad, and it feels like little burns or scrapes. Not aching. Yesterday I held a cereal bowl wrong, I guess, and my hand hashurt ever since. It seems like if I overuse a muscle or tendon I pay for it later. I have had neck and shoulder pain for years so I'm used to that...but the little burning pains and the point tenderness are really hard to deal with.
    I also fall asleep at work, (Im a nurse and I can't sit down or OFF I go...zzzzzzz)
    I just crave massage, something to ease the pain...and also, I have found most people really hesitant to talk with me about this. Any of this sound familiar?
  2. lilione

lilione New Member

I feel like my skin has just been rubbed with steelwool or fiberglass. I use to work in a hospital and my empathy goes out to you. It's really hard work, a lot of stress.
    I never talked to anybody about it, if your there and working, they think you have nothing to complain about.
    Take Care, Lili
  3. snooker11

snooker11 New Member

yup - all of this is very familiar. working as a nurse might be tricky becauce you have to be on your feet so much. Yup, doctors don't quite know how to react to all of this because they can't figure it out yet! best advice is to find a nice doctor who is willing to work with you to get on a medication regimen, do yoga, take hot baths every day, and rest frequently. I know this may be hard if you're a nurse but you may try to shift around your job a bit to make it more comfortable for you. Good Luck and hopefully in the near future better meds will be out there for us.
  4. wangotango

wangotango New Member

i wokred in a busy emergency room for 7 years and if i would mention cfs i was laughed at. and i to would set in the break rom after a trauma and fall asleep , only to be woke up and feel workse than i did before. i had to finally quit and go on ssi. be well bill
  5. olallie

olallie New Member

Lat night as I was wide awake at 0230, and the light was ON, I had an auditory hallucination. I heard a noise, not words or anything, but it was definitely a noise. It was not possible to be coming from anywhere. Ummmmmm is this part of the deal here? I swear I was wide awake. I seem to wake completely at that time.