New Diagnosis VERY IMPORTANT FOR ALL TO READ

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by louiesgirl2, Sep 12, 2006.

1. louiesgirl2

louiesgirl2 New Member

I finally got my blood tests back. My diagnosis is Reactive Hypoglycemia (RHG), Insulin Resistance: FMS & CMP Perpetuating Factor.

I looked it up on the internet and guess what, Dr. Armand is mentioned. In fact the diagnosis can be found in Fibromyalgia and Myofasical Pain: A survival Manual.

You all might be interested in this. I printed out the information and am slowly trying to digest it all.

I googled Insulin Resistant Hypoglycemia and clicked on the first response.

Here it is:

http://www.sover.net/~devstar/hypogly.pdf#search=%22Insulin%20resistant%20hypoglycemia%22

Hope this helps.

2. GLASTETTER

GLASTETTER New Member

this sounds just like me
    but i have never been tested for that
    i have a lot of trouble with my back and neck getting injections every two weeks, i am all knotted up but the dc i am seeing for it says it is not myofascial pain syndrome
    i will ask my rhemy when i go back next month about it

thanks for the inlightenment
    barbara
  3. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

I do hope all peole here read this important result. Did you have your tests at a special lab may I ask?

Prickles, thanks for pasting that as I too could not get it. I have been told that a small OJ is the best thing to take for the hypoglycemia.

Love Anne
  4. darude

darude New Member

I have this also and docs say mine is due to PT.
  5. Marta608

Marta608 Member

You know, this is very very interesting to me. My first doctor, know as quite a wild man, prescribed Glucophage to his CFS patients. Glucophage regulates insulin production and works to overcome insulin resistance. It helped me for awhile, then not, like everything else I tried. One thing though, he switched from regular, original Glucophage to the time-released kind and that's when it quit helping me.

I also wonder if chromium picolinate would be helpful to people with this problem? CP is said to also regulate insulin. But I'm just thinking out loud; you do what your doc tells you to do, which of course you will.

Thanks for the info.

Marta
  6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

This is another name for this illness. There is a book called (I think) Diet For Syndrome X. Dr. St. Amand talks about hypoglycemia in his book, "What Your Doctor May Not Tell You About Fibromyalgia." It's an excellent book whether or not one tries the Guaifenesin Protocol.

Hypoglycemia can lead to insulin resistance, Syndrome X, and that can lead to Type II Diabetes. White flour, white potatoes, sugar, and white rice, except Basmati, all cause a spike in insulin. They should be avoided. If one eats a lot of these things and the insulin spikes over and over, the body becomes resistant to it. Diet and exercise are the best ways to prevent Type II diabetes. Diet is especially important if one cannot exercise.

Love, Mikie
  7. bigmama2

bigmama2 New Member

thankyou for posting it!