New Doc and meds...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sassypinklee, Nov 17, 2005.

1. sassypinklee

sassypinklee New Member

Hi i tried to post a few times these last few days and i havent seen it yet. My problem is that I have recently moved and getting to now my new doc is not the funnest. It always has been a problem for me to get to know them and trust them. He instly told me that i probly have a drug addication. And then cut my meds in half and then tripled the other, which iam not sure if its going to be good. Iam on ty4's and gabapentin... i have never tripled the gab meds. Well then he messed up and had to fix it but took his sweet time so i have been suffering for days, my boyfriend is so wonderful hes been screaming at everyone trying to get it all straight for me. How does everyone deal with there doctors?
  2. jbennett2

jbennett2 New Member

Doesn't sound like you found the right doc for you. Try to ask around and find someone new. Did you look at the doctor referral at the top of this page?

Good luck
  3. sassypinklee

sassypinklee New Member

Hi there well i wish i had more options but i recently moved to the North West Territores and there is one other doc that flys in i beleive but i am not haveing much luck even getting my meds here. So we will see, thanks for responding. Hope you are doing well. Take care
  4. MamaR

MamaR New Member

It does sound like you need a new doc!! I can speak from experience...if they start off treating you like you are just there for meds...then they don't really care!! I was about to the end of my rope...and then I found a very caring doc. It makes a WORLD of difference how you feel about just going to the doc, and about yourself!

There is one out there...just don't get too down, and search until you find the right one for you. You are the only person that knows JUST how you hurt.

Hope it gets better soon.

Mari
  5. MamaR

MamaR New Member

You and I must have been posting at same time. I am sorry I didn't know about the docs being so few in your area. Maybe another will come though!!
  6. Bailey-smom

Bailey-smom New Member

It is tough when the dr is not working with you. Especially if right off the bat they are hollaring addiction! Wow

The good thing here is that your boyfriend is behind you. It may be good for him or another friend go with you to your appointments so you have someone to stand up for you!

Good luck!

Kelly
  7. sassypinklee

sassypinklee New Member

Thanks everyone i am defentily haveing my boyfriend come with me because i forget half of the stuff i need to tell the doc... I fell down quite abit and had one fall my balance is the shits so it good to have that support. just need a good doc.. Take care and thanks for everything
  8. pirtpain

pirtpain New Member

I haven't tried any of the meds that you are now taking so I am not sure what to say, other than knowing how difficult
    it is to change docs. He doesn't sound real sympathetic to me and that he really knows what he is talking about. I

hate it when they treat you like he does. Perhaps you may want to look for a better doc. Good luck!

PIRT