New Doc Appt in Pittsburgh

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Empower, Oct 4, 2005.

1. Empower

Empower New Member

Went to a new rheumatologist in Pgh yesterday

Long story short, I was there for 6 HOURS!!!! I am not a patient person. My appt was at 11:30 and I saw the doctor at 3:00. If my husband hadn't been with me, I would have left.

Not sure what to make of the appt yet. He basically prescribed the same thing as my PCP - Trazadone and Prescription strength Ibuprofen

BUT, he wants me to take part in a study that will measure my energy output and sleep cycle, but wearing an armband with gadgets on it.

Don't know all of the details yet, as I am waiting for the program coordinator to call.

I will keep you posted.
  2. fivesue

fivesue New Member

That is awful! I hope that he gave you all the time and attention you needed since you had to wait so long. I can't believe that.

Yes, do let us know what is happening with this energy test for lack of a better word.

Hope you got a good rest after that ordeal.

Sue
  3. Empower

Empower New Member

He did spend 1 1/2 hours with me and yes I crashed as soon as got home and stayed in bed the rest of the night!
  4. fivesue

fivesue New Member

Well, if he's going to spend 1 1/2 hours with each patient, why don't they schedule him that way? Maybe it was a fluke, but I don't know. Did they give you any explanation for the delay? If I were the receptionist, I could never look at you, I'd be so embarrassed.

Glad you could rest. I do hope he will be able to help you. It will be interesting to see. I'll bet you're curious.

Have another good rest.

Sue