new doc

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mdempsey, May 10, 2006.

1. mdempsey

mdempsey New Member

I visited a new dr today. He is a md which is good because my insurance will pay, but he also specializes in alternative meds. I spent 1 hour with the pa going over health history. I assumed this would be my whole appointment. Then the doc comes in and he stays for another hour. I was blown away. He seems knowledgable and I am optimistic. I am trying to not get my hopes up too high because we all know what thats like. He addressed my low body temp and the thyroid connection. I know this is a problem, but try telling that to a conventional doc and their tests. Apparently for my insurance to pay for whatever med he wants me on I have to document my temp for a month. He addressed some natural hormone replacement, thinks some of some symptoms may have a hormonal connection. I live in wv and he said only 2 pharmacies in wv do whatever it is with this med. I can't remember everything because he went over so much information. I am just keeping my fingers crossed.
  2. tlayne

tlayne Member

Wow! any dr. that would take the time for a 2 hour appt. is dedicated! I am hopeing the best for you. Hugs, Tam