New Doctor I almost fell Off my Chair.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by suzetal, Apr 21, 2006.

1. suzetal

suzetal New Member

I went to see a new doctor on Wed.

DH and I walked in gave my name sat down.I told DH boy waiting room empty.She must be new or not liked very much.

He said new I said great up on all the new stuff.

Well being the gutsy person that I am (I never hold back)When I was in with her I said your waiting room is empty either your new at this or people just don't like you.Before we get started I would like to know.

She gave me this huge smile.And said I am fairly new been 4 yrs now,never lost a patient cause they don't like me.Must be because I schedule my patients 2 hours a part.

I have always hated waiting and I do not believe the sick should have to wait.OK its your turn now.Why are you here?

She turned out to be awesome was up on FM & CFS. and said to me I know they all say its in your head.Well those doctors should not be doctors.

I got lucky again.Boy I have a great team of doctors .Now we have to all work together to find what works best for me.Oh and they all said there is no cure and that there are different stages of FM & CFS .

I love this part .Your team will do there best to find what works.I have a very severe case of both.Among other things .

Sue
    [This Message was Edited on 04/22/2006]
    [This Message was Edited on 04/22/2006]
  2. kjfms

kjfms Member

.....so happy you found this great physician.

I have never heard of any physician who schedules like this. I always thought it would help to at least schedule 30 minutes intervals.

I worked for a Neurologist (for about a month-he was awful)he had 60+ patients scheduled for one day.....with that many how could he even ask what was bothering them that day? Anyway.....

I am so glad for you.....a rare find. I hope it works out.

Thanks,

Karen
  3. mejlee

mejlee New Member

I am alway elated to hear that someone has found an understanding dr. Does she have a sister or brother Dr. in Minnesota!!!

Keep us posted on her!
  4. smiffy79

smiffy79 New Member

alway good to hear about a good dr
  5. Adl123

Adl123 New Member

Boy, what a lucky find!

My GP schedles patients every fifteen minutes, and double books that! I haven't found a Dr. that would go over a lab test result item by item, with me, for over 10 years.

I hope your medical team really helps you. It looks really bright. congratulations.
    Terry
  6. suzette1954

suzette1954 New Member

doctor. Im thrilled that you have found a caring one!!! My FM is severe too

Suzette
  7. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

That is great.

We once paid into a scheme with two doctors so they only took so many patients. On top of the insurance you bonded to them. This was so they could give you a long appt. and always same day. They scheduled with long hours and were on call 24/7.

It was a treat.

I will check and se where you lifve just in case you are near to me!

Love Anne C
  8. Its nice to hear some stories about good drs. out there. I hope she helps you.
  9. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Sue:
    It is so nice to find good doctors. I have a couple also and it took years to find them. My fav is the FM/CFS doc.

nyrofan
  10. mylilcherub428

mylilcherub428 New Member

I live in new england too. If you do't mind what is yer new docs name where is she located thanx...kim
  11. UnicornK

UnicornK New Member

He even recommends certain supplements like DLPA and CoQ10. He's open to alternative therapies, and wants to be informed. He wants me to be as proactive as I can. I send my friends to him. We're in Maryland, so if you live near here, check out Dr. William Tham and Jim Di Canio.