New Doctor is GREAT

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by LeightonLAM, Mar 5, 2007.

1. LeightonLAM

LeightonLAM New Member

I am so excited. After 2 years of dealing with military doctors overseas I finally got to see a doctor today who believed my pain and symptoms.

The doctors in Germany wouldn't keep prescribing Percocet for me because they were worried that I MIGHT become addicted or dependent later on. So I was stuck with 800mg Motrin and nothing more.

Today I went to see my new doctor for the first time and he asked me right away how good my current pain control is. When I told him that I was in pain most of the time, he asked what worked for me. I told him that I used to take 2 percocet in the morning and 2 more in the afternoon every day to help keep the pain under control. Without any question he prescribed me Percocet (at a higher dose) to take twice a day every day. (more as needed)

Just knowing that I can control my pain makes me feel better.
  2. whoachief

whoachief New Member

that you found a good dr that you are happy with. That is AWESOME!
  3. LeightonLAM

LeightonLAM New Member

His name is Dr. Valentin Stone. He is an internal medicine doctor. His office in in Jacksonville. He didnt question my diagnosis at all which is a first.

i go back to see him again in a week. I will update after that appointment on how things go after the second meeting.
  4. Ginner

Ginner New Member

good for you. When I hear the stories of not being able to get help I feel fortunate. I have taken darvocet for 8 yrs. call for refills and have changed dr. ( priamary) and still do not have any trouble. I have had the fms/my.pain syndrome when they started, I think that is the key. Maybe that is the key, getting the diagnosis. What do you think?
  5. LeightonLAM

LeightonLAM New Member

I have been pretty sure that i had fibro for the last 4 years but didnt get diagnosed until about a year ago.

the first doctor that i asked about fibro told me that my symptoms seemed like FMS but didnt want to diagnose me because it is a chronic problem.

I find it funny that the doctor seemed to think that if he didnt tell me i had it, then it would mean that i didnt.