New Doctor

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lsw, May 24, 2011.

1. lsw

lsw New Member

I have been seeing Dr Larry Sharp for about the last year. He is the first doctor I have seen who really seems to understand CFS. He is leaving to go serve in Afghanistan for a year and I need to find a new CFS doctor. Does anyone have any recommendations? I actually live in San Angelo and would be willing to drive to Austin, San Antonio, Ft Worth etc. Thanks for any help you can give me.
  2. Lookn4health

Lookn4health Member

I am curious if Dr. Sharp ever mentioned a place to you in Dallas that does some kind of heart testing? If so do you remember the name of that place? Do you know if there is any way to get in touch with anyone that worked for Dr. Sharp?

Also I am curious why he would leave his practice and go to Afghanistan. Maybe to work with Gulf War Syndrome patients.

I went to him 6 years ago and I considered him to be one of the top doctors in the country for CFS. I had called his office earlier this year to see if they had my records and they told me no. Then in June I had decided I was going to go back to him and his phone number was discontinued. I searched and searched for his whereabouts and finally saw a posting that he had gone to Afghanistan for a year. Unfortunately for me by the time he gets back to TX I will be living 1600 miles away.

If you can shed any light on this I would appreciate it.

3. earthdog2000

earthdog2000 Member

Read your post but unfortunatly don't know of a CFS dr. in your area. Have you looked for on dr. on the web? I've found a few of my drs. or dentists in the past there. Amazing that your dr. would go to Afganistan for a year! He must be an amazing person to offer up his help in such dangerous territory,wow! I'm sure you will get some replies from others re: a dr. in your area. Good luck and Good health to you lsw!

I just wanted to say WELCOME to this wonderful msg. board! There are so many awesome people here and it has helped me tremendously throughout the years. So much love, support and caring here. I hope you feel like this is a fantastic website as I and many others have found! Nice to have you aboard.

Faith, Peace and Healing, Julie
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

If you changed the title of your post to "Need Doc in......" you would get more replies. Many who come here have limited time and will scan over vague titles. The more precise you make the title, the better your chances of responses. Good luck.

Love, Mikie