new Dr. newailment

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by georgia, Jun 22, 2003.

1. georgia

georgia New Member

It was that yearly check up time for women and so I had to go to a new Dr. I had to have a ultrasound and I have a thick linning of the uterus. Has anyone (women) ever heard of this? What does this mean?
  2. judywhit

judywhit New Member

last time I went in for a ultrasound this is what the doc said to me too. I bleed very heavly and also have endometreosis. I had a D and C for the thick linning. Also had a biopsy. All was okay. My cramps and periods were much lighter after the procedure. Good luck

Judy
  3. Applyn59

Applyn59 New Member

Do you have regular periods? All I know is that women
    who don't get regular periods I think are more at
    risk for thick lining of the uterus. It is usually something that can possibly lead to cancer from what I have read.
    I get my period every month and I know that
    one of my tests said that I had mild thickening of
    the lining. No one said anything to be about it.
    What has your dr. told you? I believe something
    needs to be done to either induce periods, etc. if you are not getting them.

Lynn
  4. DebP

DebP New Member

Not to freak you out, but the last time i was told the lining of my uterus was thick it was because i was pregnant...I dont know if you want more kids and I could very well be wrong. Just a thought!!!

God Bless,
    DebP
  5. tansy

tansy New Member

Don't know about having had a thick lining of the uterus but I had a D and C after a miscarriage. Like Judywhit my very heavy periods were no more and the cramps were then controllable with OTC meds.

Cheers

Tansy

6. georgia

georgia New Member

I haven't had a period since last August. I also had my tubes tied 21 years ago. The Dr. called me about this on Thursday and I go see her on Monday so I will post and let you know whats up. Thank you for your replys.