New DR.......Suggests DHEA ?????

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by KathiM, May 21, 2003.

1. KathiM

KathiM New Member

I went to a new Rheumy yesterday and took all my blood work etc fromm 2003.... I have high sed rate 70+.......

Have had reactions to the plaquenil and prednisone so she is a believer in DHEA.....
    I am sure this topic has been raised before....am curious on anyones feedback who had done this and if it helped or any reactions.

Thanks for replys
    Kathim
  2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

If you will go to the 'Store' link, you can type in DHEA, they have a lot of information on this.

I have not tried it, but hopefully it will help you.

Shalom, Shirl
  3. MemoryLane

MemoryLane Member

I have some here at home. I am told it is considered the "Master Hormone" or something like that. I tried it for awhile, as a substitute for my Estrogen, but it gave me migraines. I have had a complete hysterectomy, so it may have had something to do with that - my body was too used to just Estrogen.

Lane
  4. healing

healing New Member

I also have had a complete hysterectomy -- 13 years ago -- and I take both estrogen and DHEA. I find the DHEA helps a lot with fatigue. I have no side affects except perhaps slight fluid retention, which evidently is a possible side effect.
  5. MemoryLane

MemoryLane Member

I was tempted to try them together, but wasn't sure if I should. I will try this and see if it helps. I kept going back and trying them again, but could not get past the headaches.

Maybe this will work better now that I am back on the Estrogen.

Thank you,
    Lane

[ advertisement ]