New Dr. update

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kfran, Apr 6, 2007.

1. kfran

kfran New Member

Hello to everyone! I saw my new Dr. yesterday which has FM herself. It was the best visit I have had so far because she totally understood all I was saying. I am very sore today of course because she did the body mapping. She diagnosed me with FM and changed my night med from amitryptiline (sp) to flexeril. She said that the other would make me gain 30 plus pounds and make me crave more carbs. I can say I slept much better lastnight. I am going to start the guaifenesin protocol. Have to read up on that this weekend and see what all has the salicylates in it. They can keep the guaifenesin from working.
    Does anyone else use this? How is it working for you? Well I better go for now.
    Kim :)
  2. dreamer28455

dreamer28455 New Member

havent been on alll day so i didnt see your post right away. i am so glad your doc worked out! i was on the flexeril for a while...i ran out of refills though...i would like to have more. i called my nex doc this morning to let him know the celebrex didnt work out and i am in agony and he still hasnt called back..not a good sign. he did mention the amityyptiline to me but i do not want it because of the side effects and it seems too strong compared to my ambien cr that works fine for me. what is guaifenesin protocol? <3<3Rachel
  3. kfran

kfran New Member

protocol is using guafenisin which helps to release the extra phosphate held in the muscles. I still have to read more about the protocol this weekend. Then I can give you a better answer. It is good to hear from you Rachel. I hope the Dr. gets back with you. Are you still sick to your tummy? I am extremely sore today and it has been getting worse as I go. Let me know if your Dr. gets back with you. Take care and (((HUGS)))). Hope things straighten out for you.
    Kim
  4. dreamer28455

dreamer28455 New Member

definatly let me know when you know more about it. i am still sick cuz i took another today hoping i wouldnt get as sick but stupid me..i did. i am still sore from being poked and prodded...first doc visits suck. did your doc give you any other meds or any tips? ....just got a call from doc..lol i spoke with him about celebrex making me sick and he mention the amitryptiline and i said i wasnt sure i wanted that yet and he is going to call in zanaflex...i am looking it up now.. will let you know <3 Rachel
  5. kfran

kfran New Member

I am also on diclofenac (sp) anti-inflamatory and Tramadol for pain. I take celexa for depression. I am glad your Dr. called you. Hope you get something that helps. I promise to let you know what I find from my reading this weekend.
    Keep me posted.
    :) Kim
  6. obrnlc

obrnlc New Member

hi girls, glad you found a good doc, kim.
    There is TONS of info on here for the guai protocol, put it in the search box up top.
    Good luck--L