New Drug?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by malachi713, Aug 20, 2003.

1. malachi713

malachi713 New Member

Has anyone heard of using a drug called Pregabalin in the treatment of fibro. I read an article on it in the newspaper by Dr. Donahue and wondered if anyone has tried it or has any news, thanks.
  2. Carlacat

Carlacat New Member

On Charleston West Virginia WCHSTV. There was another drug also they are using with the drug you mentioned and so far the results of the people taking them were very good. One is for depression and the other is some kind of pain pill it said.
    Carlacat
  3. lucky

lucky New Member

Was the drug mentioned on the news by any chance Topomax?
    My doctor mentioned it to me today and it is supposed to be great for our illnesses, however, he was waiting for more results since it just has been approved in Canada.
    I am going to change as soon as possible from Celexa to this med.
    Take care, Lucky
  4. yvette01826

yvette01826 New Member

From what I read, it is a sister drug to neuronton. It is a anti-seizure med. It is not approved yet by fda. I read some info from over-sea's users. It seemed about 50-50 for anxiety, fatigue and pain.

It has same side effects as neuronton. I have read that it is basically the same as neurontin.

I do believe there is info on this site re: pregabalin. If not check other fibro sites.

good luck.
    yvette
    [This Message was Edited on 08/20/2003]
  5. Carlacat

Carlacat New Member

That does not sound familiar. The other drug is being tested..actually both are before released. But from the ladies that talked on the news who were taking it feel alot better. So lets hope for the best.
    Carlacat
  6. lucky

lucky New Member

for your reply. I also realized reading some messages on the board, that Topomac has been on the market for quite some time, but it is the newest anticonvulsion drug which is supposed to help symptoms like pain/depression etc. in CFS/FM. Some people on this board are on this med already and I am watching their progress, since my doctor also wants to put me on Topomac.
    Take care, Lucky