New Ebay Scam

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by TeaBisqit, May 11, 2008.

1. TeaBisqit

TeaBisqit Member

I had to mention this cause it's even worse than the guy who sells wadded up paper and calls it art. And people are actually paying this guy a dollar to see if anything is in the envelope.

This is from an actual action up on Ebay:

"IMPORTANT NOTICE: YOU ARE PURCHASING A PLAIN WHITE ENVELOPE. ANYTHING INSIDE THE ENVELOPE INCLUDING CASH OR ANY OTHER ITEM IS A GIFT FROM ME TO YOU, AND WILL BE DELIVERED ELECTRONICALLY. I WILL OPEN THE ENVELOPE FOR YOU AND CONTACT YOU REGARDING THE CONTENTS."
  2. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Who is more gullible? People who shell out a dollar or people who pay thousands for something (a sandwich, a pancake, a potato) that looks like Elvis or Michael Jordan?

Most people say they don't have much money, but an awful lot of people seem to have more money than sense.

Rock
  3. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

Judge Judy did a case a year or so ago where a woman was suing an ebay seller because she spent several hundred dollars on a picture of a phone.

She won the case but Judy said you have to read the ads very carefully. It did state on this woman's ad that you were buying the picture only, but Judy still didn't put up with that nonsense. We could use a few more judges like that!

Hugzz
    Greenbean