New Extremely Strange Symptom, Anyone Else?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kat-E, Aug 30, 2006.

1. kat-E

kat-E New Member

Several months ago before my last flare, I woke up with my sheets looking as tho' someone had bleached them. It was where my neck and upper back came in contact with my pillow and sheets. I figured it to be a fluke and thought little more of it.

Most of my symptoms have abated or have become much less severe since early May other than the fatigue which has also been at an all time low. I have almost felt normal, dare I say...

Last Friday morning I woke up to sheets that looked as tho they had been bleached out again, in the exact same area, new sheets mind you. And I am back in flare again. :(

Has anyone else experienced this anomalie? What can it possibly mean to have your body chemistry change like that overnight to the point it will bleach out sheets?

I have had FM/CFS for most of my life and have never had an experience quite like this.

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!
    [This Message was Edited on 08/30/2006]
  2. tata1580

tata1580 New Member

This is something new to me also...I am thinking I would freak right out!!

I am gonna keep an eye on your post hoping someone has an answer..

Have you done any cleaning with something you don't use very often? any new med or anything like that?

Hmmmmmm A puzzle!

I wish you all the best

Tami
  3. kat-E

kat-E New Member

MCS too... so I have become very brand loyal, I only use what works for me.

I am eating the same as usual too.

As I said, this is a new one for me... I figured I would throw it out there to see if anyone else has had similar experiences.

4. kat-E

kat-E New Member

No I haven't really changed anything. No new meds, no new cleaners.

This has happened twice now, kind of freaky!!!
  5. kat-E

kat-E New Member

I had not been able to access any info about it.

I appreciate your research and time!!!!

I am still trying to figure out why it is happening right before a flare...[This Message was Edited on 08/30/2006]
  6. MsOnlyMe123

MsOnlyMe123 New Member

Hello Kat-E,

I am suffering through a severe flare-up but I needed to answer you. I have been going through the same thing for many years. I have Fibro, CFS, ect... for many years. Finally, I was diagnosed 9 yrs. ago.

I don't feel it has anything to do this our illnesses. (I could be wrong - this is only my opinion). I sweat alot, especially at night. I went through Menapose for 2 years (all done for about 1 year now -- yaa!!) Also, I live in Florida with hot disgusting heat and humidity!!

O.K., Know to get to the white stains. If I have solid colored sheets and pillow cases on my bed, I see the white (so called bleach stains). I sweat right through my pillow cases onto my pillows and a little on my sheets at the top of my back. I use 50% cotton and 50% polyester sheets. Once in a while I will use my 100% cotton ones, only when my laundry has to be done, but I find the same white stains. 100% cotton is just to wrinkely for me. I just bought 4 new pillows which are Anti-Microbial fiberfill -Hypoallergenic. I got Hypoallergenic pillows because my doctor felt at my last visit, 3 weeks ago, that I have an allergy to something (not know yet) because every morning I wake up with my face all blown up like a ball, eyes are half shut with lots of crusty sleep in both and I am all congested. I will start to get better in about 3 hours - washing my face gentley with cool water face clothes.

OOOPPPSSS!!! Getting long winded but I wanted to really write you and let you know there IS someone else here that is going through the same thing. I don't want you to be scared because I was when it first happened to me. Some nights I sweat so much, I wake up and have to change my P.J.'s, sheets and blanket. Also, sometimes I just can't barely move from the pain and suffering of my Fibro so I just get on the other side of my queen bed, turn the pillows around and always have a clean night-shirt on my bed to change.

I hope you reply and say that you do sweat sometimes when you sleep because I do feel that this would be the answer. When people sweat, they sweat out SALT and propably other things that I don't know of. Kate-e, I would never try to diagnose another person for anything. My doctor and my Mother told me what the white stains are from on my pillows and part of my sheets. Mothers are always right!!!

I hope you feel a little better from my message and I surely hope your flare doesn't stay with you to long.

Eileen

7. hurtin2much

hurtin2much New Member

My problem has a very logical answer but i thought that if this happens to me then the same thing may cause your sheets to discolour.

I use white sheets on top of the matress but top sheets or duvet covers that are coloured.

When I wake up, underneath my pillow has taken the tint from the pillow case...I pput this down to night sweats although I hate to think that ssweat enough to go right through my pillow and onto the sheet below.

On a couple of occasions I have used coloured sheets and again due to sweating the patch where I sleep is lightened.

The bad thing is to think of those dye chemicals sticking to our skin. I try to use naturally dyed sheets now but this problem persists....white ones won't help as then it's just the bleach that we absorbe.

sorry cant give you a solution but I'd put it down to night sweats.

hugs
  8. shelbo

shelbo New Member

I get bleached-looking areas in my knickers... I don't know if this is normal or not?
    Kat-e..I know this is unrelated but could I ask you some questions?
    I saw that you are chemically sensitive. Last week I posted a message for recs for a cleanser that will not make my face itch and some people responded but I've not had much luck yet...
    Would you be able to tell me what you can clean your face and eyes with and what you can moisturise your face with?
    I don't kow if you get this symptom, but if I use s/thing my face/nose/eyes don't like I itch ALL over (it's like an itch that travels all around and one that you have to scratch straight away...I had one cleanser I was able to use and they have changed the formula (now I react)..would you mind telling me what you can tolerate? I still have some of the stuff I'm able to use (very little) but I find I'm using it up on removing offending cleansers that I've had to trial and that cause itching!
    TIA Shelbo :)
  9. gymmbabe

gymmbabe New Member

Hi there,

I get this too on my husbands side of the bed. I believe it's caused by sweat. I think the white, bleached look is from the salt his body is excreting.

Does it come out when you wash them?? I have a couple sheets, (real cheap sheets) that never returned to their original color. However, my more expensive sheets are fine.

Weird huh???

Dawn
  10. iggyangel

iggyangel New Member

your PH of your body may be either very acidic or very alkaline.
    when my sister use to sweat when she was young she would bleach the underarm of her shirt.
    so
    just a guess!
    Blessings,
    Iggy