New family pic

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by mollystwin, Jan 10, 2008.

1. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

Every year my family gets together for the holidays and we take a picture of all of the brothers and sisters. I have 5 sister and 4 brothers.

Because Molly has stopped coloring her hair, this is the first year that I am the only one without gray hair.

What a bunch of old fogeys!!!!! LOL.
  2. bevy2most

bevy2most New Member

Everyone looks so happy, and lucky you to live close enough to your family to get a pic. Mine is all across the country.
  3. ckball

ckball New Member

You are so lucky. I am a a only child and can not imagine what it would have been like to be in such a large family.

BTW- Is the guy in the black t-shirt married :)He is a cutie-Carla
  4. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

Thanks for the great comments! It's fun to be in a big family now that I am grown up. Not so fun being picked on when I was younger!!

Carla, the guy in the black t shirt is my brother Mike or Mikey as I call him. He is married and has 4 kids!! Sorry!

The only single brother is Charlie who is in the back left with the tan plaid shirt on. And he doesn't even date anymore!! Too many issues with Charlie!!

5. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

Didn't mean to call you and old fogey!!! I meant us!! Its just that every year we look older in these pics. I looked at some from about 5 years ago, and man what a difference!!
  6. Marta608

Marta608 Member

I think you both look great!

7. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

You guys look like a fun group!! This was the first year in many (20+) that our whole family was together for Christmas. We have 19 people, including grandkids. We're so lucky because we truly all not only love each other, but like each other as well. My siblings are also my best friends.
    How neat that you can all still gather at the holidays!!
    Do you live relatively close to each other or are you scattered all over?
    Thanks for sharing your picture.
  8. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

Good to hear from you Marta. Hope you are enjoying (?) this weird Michigan weather!!

Janalyn- Right now I have a brother on the other side of the state and a sister who is a couple hundred miles away. Over the years we have been way more spread out with siblings in Pennsylvania, California, Ohio, Indiana and even a sister in Japan. But we are all relativly close these days which is nice.

I'm so happy for you that you got to see your siblings this year!!
  9. sisland

sisland New Member

What a Kool Photo of all of you! It's so nice that you could all Be togeather! Your brothers and Sisters look like amazing people!,,,,just like my favourite set of twins!,,,,,Hugs!,,,Sis
  10. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Great pic. I think it's wonderful that some families can get together w/o fights and drama and heavy drinking and unpleasantness in general. Mine certainly can't.

11. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

Thanks for the compliments you guys!!

Rock- We do have our share of heavy drinking, fignts and umpleasantness. But not this Christmas thank goodness!! There are a few problem drinkers and a few who do not get along with each other. There are several nephews who no longer come to any parties at all due to some unpleasantness. So that is sad that I won't see them or thier children anymore.

But for the most part, we are a happy group as you can see from our happy smiles!!
  12. lilaclover30

lilaclover30 New Member

I too am an only child and I used to envy my friends who got to go to reunions. I only had 1 cousin so when family got together it was always with elderly people. LOL - that's me now!!!

I married a guy with 41 cousins ---that's right, 41. The didn't get4 together often but it was so much fun many years ago when they duid.

NOW, it is my chhildren, etc, that make the reunion. i am so proud that we have 24 decendants, that includes their spouses, and in the summer we will have 1 more. This past holiday, there were 22. No pictures though.

Congrats on a fine looking group of siblings!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. kholmes

kholmes New Member

Great picture of your family. You two look great, as usual, grey hair or no grey hair!

14. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

Joan-Your family sounds wonderful too! Not many siblings, but lots of decendants. Thats great!!

Terch. We did have great parents. They are both gone now. Mom in 99 and dad in 01. Christmas is the one time that all 10 of us try to be together and it's fun!

Ken, thanks so much for the compliment. Its kinda nice for Molly and I to be the youngest now that we are older!! Fogeys indeed!

15. boltchik

boltchik New Member

What a great family pic!! I just love how Christmas brings everyone together. I have quite a few new photos of my family, but I need my hubby to teach me how to post the pics myself. He did my profile pic and I need a new one. Thanks for sharing your family photo with us, how wonderful to have so many brothers and sisters! Kim :)
  16. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

What a great looking group....

Molly, you crack me up!!!!!!!!!!

You both have a very good looking family, great genes...

17. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

Boltchik- Your profile pic is great too. Please let us know if you update it so we can look!!

Nancy-Thanks for the compliments!!