Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sierrasioux, May 27, 2009.

1. sierrasioux

sierrasioux New Member

I just did a search and don't even see where anyone has talked about this new drug.
    I went to my rheumatologist today and she was really excited to tell me about this new medication. She is also the head of a research center.

I am just now reading about it myself, so I can't answer any questions. Here is the name.
    SAVELLA She gave me a 2 wk sample pack and wants me to try for 8 weeks to see how much improvement I should have.

She said with the research it's been shown to help not only the pain, but headaches, the fatigue, irritable bowel syndrome--many symptoms that go along with fibro. She said that Lyrica and Cymbalta weren't made for fibro only and this drug is made for fibro.

I haven't been here in a long time but wanted to share with all of you the good news.
    I am going to go read my papers that came with the med and just type in Savella and it goes straight to their site, the drug manufacturers.

I will report back to let you all know if I had any of the side effects it shows and if it helps.
    Check it out, sounds promising but we are all different with meds, but wanted to share the news.
  2. 3gs

3gs New Member

hi this has been out for a couple of months now.

if you read posts people are already trying it to mixed reviews. after reading side effects-heart-bleeding-dizziness ill pass

best of luck keep us posted
  3. sierrasioux

sierrasioux New Member

oh really? i typed it in search twice before i posted. i haven't been here for a long time and was surprised it wasn't in the search. thanks for telling me that. i will check back later.
  4. 3gs

3gs New Member

the search isnt working ill bump them for u
  5. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

Drs say that it was made for fibro but that actually is not has been around in other countries for a long time and was originally made as yet another is just that it was never approved in the US as an antidepressant, but it was approved in the US specifically for fibro, so they want to pretend it is new and claim it was made for Fibro....the type of drug it was originally classed as shouldn't matter that much - whether it works for some people or not is what matters.....personally I cannot take antidepressants (regardless of how they want to market them)
  6. FMsaddenedspirit

FMsaddenedspirit New Member

Ya I can't take any antidepressants ether .. any kind.. they have a very bad affect on me . they tend to make me depressed . beside all the really bad side affects , including uncontroled muscial jerks , I end up hitting myself while trying to sleep . and some other bad effects. so I stay away from any anitdepressants...

but thats just me.. I hope it ends up helping some people. if you can take them..

I also have been thinking of weaning of the lyricia .. don;t really see that is does much .

pretty much the only thing that helps is the pain meds Soma.. and the aniti anixity meds.

Hope today is a good day for all..

spirit .
  7. GranmaBB

GranmaBB New Member

When I wrote my first Savella post, I couldn't search either.
    Several posters wrote this in my post about how to search. It might help you too.

Hit search. It will come out nothing found. Then look to the far right and you will see your word in another search box. Click "go" and you will get your results.

[This Message was Edited on 05/28/2009]