New FDAApproved Treatment

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by BabiCati, May 28, 2006.

1. BabiCati

BabiCati New Member

for FMS?

but I don't see it on FDA's website.
  2. ulala

ulala New Member

I think that this has helped a lot of people, but is expensive. I wonder if it will be covered by insurance now if it is FDA approved?

I posted the article that you are referring to. I hope you don't mind??!! Thanks again.

Best wishes!

New Treatment for Fibromyalgia: Breakthrough 'Frequency Specific Microcurrent' Therapy Approved by FDA
    Treatment Offers New Hope for Chronic Pain Patients

By: Marketwire
    May. 24, 2006 04:23 PM

PORTLAND, OR -- (MARKET WIRE) -- 05/24/06 -- Those who struggle with fibromyalgia and other chronic nerve and muscle pain finally have an advanced new medical recourse that provides unprecedented relief where traditional approaches have been ineffective. Frequency Specific Microcurrent (FSM), developed by Portland doctor Carolyn R. McMakin, has helped thousands of individuals battling fibromyalgia, shingles, athletic and trauma injuries, and many other pain-related conditions. FSM uses microamperage current and the resonance effects of frequencies on aggravated tissues using FDA-approved equipment.

"Frequency Specific Microcurrent treatment has been clinically proven in multiple studies to reduce inflammation and pain," Dr. McMakin said. "It is low-risk, non-invasive, and incredibly effective. Every day we do things with FSM that are simply not possible with any other known treatment."

Clinical studies have shown that FSM is particularly effective in treating fibromyalgia associated with neck injury origin, enabling many people to recover from this formerly incurable condition. Patients no longer meet the diagnostic criteria for fibromyalgia as set by the American College of Rheumatology (ARC). The National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases (NIAMS) conservatively estimates that the number of adults in the United States with fibromyalgia is about 3.7 million.

More than 900 practitioners in the U.S. and other countries now incorporate FSM into their programs. Dr. McMakin developed the protocols, and long-term clinical studies in the U.S. and other countries show that the microcurrents set at specific frequencies have been proven to reduce inflammation, nerve and muscle pain, shingles pain, visceral organ function and other conditions.

Carolyn McMakin, MA, DC is the clinical director of Integrated Pain Solutions and the Fibromyalgia and Myofascial Pain Clinic of Portland, Oregon. In addition to her clinical practice, she teaches Frequency Specific Microcurrent use at seminars in the United States and internationally. She has lectured at the National Institutes of Health and at conferences
  3. betsboop

betsboop New Member

would like to know more about this therapy and if it is available in canada...have had fibro since 1993 maybe even longer and my body is getting very weary from needs an alternative...i will visit the site is there more info on the site...sorry but just happened to log in onthis site at the last minute on the way out...great info...thanks guys..keep the info coming..if i have any info i will give back...bets
  4. BabiCati

BabiCati New Member

This is all I have seen. What does your chiropractor do? Can you tell us more about how it works?

5. moineau

moineau New Member

i spent about a month receiving these treatments in portland, also receiving massages from dr. mcmaken's masseuse and taking minerals which i bought from the clinic. it was relaxing at the time of the treatment but i had no reduction in pain after a month, and the treatments were not covered by my local hmo. i expressed my dismay in the treatments and was told by dr. mcmaken that it was my attitude that was keeping me from getting better. i never returned.
  6. FMsaddenedspirit

FMsaddenedspirit New Member

You know if the doctor said this to you .( attitude keeping me from getting better ) . then I have no time for this Doctor... I can't belive anybody would ever say a thing like that.... Like I . ( you ) enjoy being Ill.... Like I ( you ) like the pain we have to live through.... wow...

Sorry that just &%@# me off. what are they thinking ?
  7. jasminetee

jasminetee Member

I sprained my back in 2000 and received Tens treatment at the Chiros I went to and my hubby bought one for us. I agree with others here. It helps some pain while it's on, but for me it doesn't help fibro and my pain can even be worse right after treatment with it.

People just don't understand what we're dealing with. They have NO IDEA!!