New feeling in my stomach/ abdomen- fullness

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lenasvn, Jan 13, 2006.

1. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

I've had IBS since I was born or close to, so I know how that feels. Now I have a new feeling that I never had before. there's no pain or bloating involved, the regular "runs" only as usual. I feel a fullness in my lower abdomen, almost like I have been eating too much. I feel that way in the morning too, after only a cup of coffee (the feeling might be there before that, but I am too tired to notice,,,LOL!). This have been going on for about a month. I can't eat much, then the fullness gets too uncomfortable. If there was swelling I wouldn't know for sure, my abdomen had this bloathy appearance for the past, say 10 months. All my weight seem to be located around that area (the only overweight I have). Anywho, have anyone else had this experience, and if so, what was it?
  2. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

Oh, it is not bloathing like from my regular IBS, that is why I'm posting. Have anyone had this experience? It's almost like I had extra fluid or something, really odd sensation of fullness, for sure, below the belly button. Well, I got a doc. appt on the 24th. I just hoped somebody had this experience to tell me about before I get to see him.
    [This Message was Edited on 01/13/2006]
  3. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

This could be ovarian cyst as it sounds rather similar to the symptoms my friend had, so please do go. The cysts are harmless in themselves but if they get big they can twist and cause real issues. Don't know how old you are, but I think this affects all ages. Also could have polycystic disease. Don't leave it to chance, could be a simole pulled muscle, or anything. Promise you will go to Docs.

Cromwell
  4. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

bless your hearts for the replies. I sure should check this out. The thing is, I had my daughter 21 months ago, can something pop up so soon after? I am 39. Could I have something on my ovaries before pregnancy? The reason I'm asking is that the year before I had her, and after I had her during my periods, if something was passing the colon close to my left ovarie, it hurt so bad it would floor me. Anywho, I'll check it out. haven't been to a gyn really for a LOOONG time,,,gosh. I am not good at that stuff.
  5. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

in fact I have heard that pregnancy can increase risk of cyst-esp. older moms. could be you could have fibroid also. Do go to gyne.
    Love Crom