New Fibro Doctor On The News Today !!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sunnilar, May 6, 2003.

1. sunnilar

sunnilar New Member

Hello everyone, I think I may have struck pay gold today.(lets all pray that I did) They had a new doctor on the news channel (NBC) that treats fibro & cfs with new and old ways. When I talked to them today I had to apologize for the fibro fog had not slept in 3 days,she said not to worry about it they had something called 5-HTP that they use to help people sleep,they could fix me rightup. I asked them about what types of insurance they took and they said don't worry about it,they would fix me right up. I'm am so excited this could be a god send. pray it is,please. thank's for listening pray it goes great . I will let you all know thanks for being here . Sonya
  2. Susan07

Susan07 New Member

Sounds great - where do you live?
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Very happy you found someone to help you, but do check this doctor out first.

Take care, and be sure to see if he/she is all that they say they are.

Shalom, Shirl
  4. Cin

Cin New Member

I hope this Dr works out for you. He really does sound great. BTW, where is he located?
    ~~Cindi~~
  5. LynneH

LynneH New Member

I'm wondering what "new" thing they might have. 5HTP is not new. It is used to promote sleep...this sight even sells it. If you can, read some of the articles in the library of this site...research on the internet...read everything you can get your hands on and then make an informed decision as to how you will treat your symptoms.
    I know that lack of sleep is one of our worst enemies, so work on that first. You'll realize that you are your own best advocate. Good luck.
    LynneH
  6. sunnilar

sunnilar New Member

His name is Rodger Murpree (I've never heard of him until yesterday).He wrote a book don't have a clue what it's name is.He is located in Homewood Al. They didn't say 5-htp was new they just said they had had success with it. I probley posted wrong I'm not making sense too me. This is the Greatest place for research that was part of the reason I got so excited the docs office actually said things that I had read about here. That was just about a first for me. Sorry for rambling(again) I think I might try sleep again. Sonya
  7. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I hope this doc helps you.

Love, Mikie
  8. sunnilar

sunnilar New Member

Thank You all For your support. You People are the GREATEST!!! yES That was me looking for a doc. but it was someone else also. I will keep everyone up to date. Thanks Again for caring,Sonya