New FM drug......

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Exfa, Mar 28, 2009.

1. Exfa

Exfa New Member

Several people have called me saying that there is a new drug for FM called Savila....has anyone here heard of it???? I looked it up on the internet and it says it is made from Aloe Vera.....but I can't find anything about it now being prescribed for FM. Just wanted to know if anyone has heard of it or tried it. Thanks...............exfa.
  2. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

It's spelled Savella, so maybe that's why you couldn't find info. It is another SNRI (serotonin and norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor) (same type of drug as Cymbalta). It was just approved in January, so not many have tried it yet....and no long term effects have been studied, many of the potential side effects, etc. do not show up in the very short trials that are done for approval either, so you won't be able to find out much except what showed up in the trials (and the info from those is often highly edited and biased). Since many have had some good results with Cymbalta, though, you could find out a lot about what Savella should be like by researching can likely expect similar results, similar side effects, etc. Cymbalta is actually not all that old, though, either.