New frustrating symptom!?! - Freezing hands - HELP???

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lovinlifeinAK, Feb 2, 2006.

1. lovinlifeinAK

lovinlifeinAK New Member

There are others but I will address those later. This one is really aggrevating. Every so often for no reason my hand/fingers will lock in a position, or just do not respond to my commands of what I want them to do.

Example - smoking a cigeratte - tell my fingers to losen up, but they don't, I have to remove cig, and then flex hand. It will happen within seconds.

Holding a mouse the other night lifted my hand off and it stayed in the position it was around the mouse, fingers would not staighten, the Ol' Man came over and straighten them, hadn't even had my hand on the darn thing for a sec to click on one place.

I hope I am explaining this correctly. It is just so darn irritating.
  2. lovinlifeinAK

lovinlifeinAK New Member

that almost sounds scary. I have never experienced this before in my life, and with no one knowing what is going on I am not sure what to think. Thank you for taking your time to respond, and I apologize for my delay to respond to yours, but I have had a terrible head cold which I in turn gave to my kids.
  3. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

It benefits lots of our fibro symptoms, like sore burning feet, clumsiness, muscle/nerve conduction, memory, mood, energy. I started taking it for my nerve wracking symtom that I call "the bitchy clumsies". I get this bad at the start of every SAD episode when I'm first sliding into the yearly depression, and yes, I get it the worst in my hands.

I started taking it when I ran into info that B5 is used as a precurser (building block) to making the neurotransmitter, acetylcholine. the other building block is choline, another B vitamin, which may help also, but I've always had enough success w/ just extra B5, 500 mgs 2-3/day. On top of my multi. Acetylcholine is an important neurotransmitter, like serotonin, dopamine, norepinephrine,you know, the biggies. It carries chemical messengers to transmit neuron functions like the others, and is important for mood and memory, but also is crucial for muscle nerve conduction. And that's where your symptom comes in, you have a nerve conduction malfunction happening.

It's worth its weight in gold when it works. many on here have tried it and had different success stories w/ it. There are times when I just don't need it for mths, but I just started taking it recently because I was getting really clumsy again and my hands weren't doing what I was telling them. Was also getting this aching, burning pain in my forearms esp. like my nerve endings were sizzling, and sore feet again. Only takes about 3 days to work, every time, for me anyway. I always tend to be a quick responder.

If you can get it, Flora brand is top of the line, w/ Now brand being quite cheaper and close to as good.

Jeanne
  4. Jeanne-in-Canada

5. lovinlifeinAK

lovinlifeinAK New Member

Thank you for that info. I would have never thought of b5, but then I have not really had good luck with the b family. But it sure is worth a shot.
  6. Jeanne-in-Canada

7. Jeanne-in-Canada

thanks for letting me know you saw this Livinlifeinak. There was alot of buzz about B5, pantothenic acid, and how it helps so many symptoms, even depression for some. The main symptoms it's helped so many w/ are burning/sore feet, muscle aches and muscle function, memory and energy.

Bumping for new members who don't know about it.

Jeanne