New Fun Pic Pint Sized Piglet Hogs Beer

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by paulmack, Feb 6, 2007.

1. paulmack

paulmack New Member

Thought I would give you all a smile this morning.It's absolutely freezing over here today,we had temps overnight of -9C.
    But was reading our newspapers this morning & came across a fun story headlined by:

Check my profile for the fun pic.

Here's a small piece of the article:

IT’S Drinky and Perky! A pint-sized piglet called Perky risks turning into a lager snout — as he tries to hog a beer all to himself.

The five-day-old porker, who weighs less than 2lbs and is just 9ins tall, is the tiniest pig ever born at Pennywell Farm in Buckfastleigh, Devon.

Director Nicky Murray, 40, said: “He’s the smallest and cutest we’ve ever had. The staff here can’t get enough of him.”

No-one likes a drunken oink, so we’re glad to report Perky didn’t turn into a boozy sow-and-so after pinching this pint from a worker.

It certainly made me smile.

[This Message was Edited on 02/07/2007]
  2. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Too cute!!!

Made me smile too...

Nancy B
  3. paulmack

paulmack New Member

Yeh Linda,this little piglet is starting out real early,doesn't want to make a pig of himself later on in life,lol.

Reminds me of the saying;
    This little piggy went to market.
    But this little Perky,went to the pub.
  4. boltchik

boltchik New Member

Thanks for the morning laugh, he is cute in an odd way. I just converted -9 C to 16 F. How long did you say your winter temps last for? I actually survived weather temps as cold as Scotland this past week. I went to Ohio to visit family. I have never been soooo cold! (weather wimp) It usually started out at 0 F in the morning and "warmed up" to a lovely 12 to 18F or so. With a nasty wind chill factor. Today it will be 67 F in Southern Cal. Awwwww! Colder next week, so I will enjoy these temps for now.

Hope you are enjoying your afternoon. Kim :)
  5. paulmack

paulmack New Member

Doing not bad today over in sunny Scotland,yeh the sun is out but bitterly cold.This is about the coldest its been this winter so far but can only recall one day of snow thus far.Should start to warm up again in April,but hopefully should be warmer than these minus temps.
    I just posted on another thread a few days ago that January 2007 in the UK was the second warmest January since records began over 300 years ago.We enjoyed a scorching ave temp of 6C,43F,lol.And I added that me saying that would probably jinx that statistic,& look what happens,we're plunged into a cold snap,haha.
    Glad your back in sunny California & those lovely temps.
    Have a good day Kim,seeing as you'll be at breakfast just now I would reckon.
  6. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

A charming young porker named Perky,
    Had a taste that some people found quirky.

He doted on grain;
    The gold, liquid strain.

Till his vision got blurry and murky.

7. paulmack

paulmack New Member

that's what happens to my vision as well,after a few pints of the gold liquid strain,lager that is,lol.
    [This Message was Edited on 02/07/2007]
  8. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

nutso lately. One of my messages got posted 3 times. It takes minutes to move from one page to the next. Won't open attachments. I can't play bridge.

May have to shoot the thing.

I hear a new kind of computer is coming out this year. Hope it's the kind that works.

Hope everybody is keeping reasonably warm.
  9. morningsonshine

morningsonshine New Member

I love that picture it's really cute!! I have a picture some where of me as a kid, sleeping in a big pile of baby pigs, in the sun. LOL

You guys need to quit whining about the cold!! It's been in the -20F around here during the day, and below 30 at night, for about a week now.

For excitement i made a mad dash out to my horse pen the other day, in my night gown and elf slippers, no coat, hat or mittens!! YeeHaa

It's so cold that the snow loudly crunches, and my slippers didn't even get wet, or moist from the snow, more like walking in sand, (frozen sand).

Yes, it was also a mad dash back to the house!LOL
  10. fivesue

fivesue New Member

What a day brightener! Thanks for sharing.

11. sisland

sisland New Member

What a cute Pig! I'm sure He would'nt have any trouble finding a Designated Driver, Eh? ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,S
  12. xchocoholic

xchocoholic New Member

He is so cute .. thanks for posting this .. I wonder how often they are this small ? marcia
  13. kholmes

kholmes New Member

Hope you're not freezing too badly over in Scotland!
  14. atiledsner

atiledsner New Member

Here it gets real cold and sometimes the little piglets would get away from their mother.My hubby would bring them in and I would give them a little whiskey mixed with warm water.

I put them in a box beside our heater.It wouldn't be long until we have little pigs jumpimg out of the box and running everywhere.Then we would take them back to their Mommy.

I love most all animals but pigs are so funny to watch.

Loved the picture!!!!!!!!!
  15. kriket

kriket New Member

That made me smile. He/She is sooooooo adorable.

16. dononagin

dononagin New Member

I want one!!!! : )